Looking for a mixer...

Guest Vekked

Guest Vekked

well I'm looking for a new mixer... my 05's kinda slowly dying, and I'm starting to have problems with it, so I figure I should replace it before it really messes up at a gig or something...

here's my issue tho... I've tried both the Hak 360, and TTM 56, but I didn't really like either of them... the TTM crossfader had dope cut in time, but it was real tight... I like to be able to blow my fader across... on the Hak 360, it seems like the upfaders weren't too nice to cut with... they also seemed a bit tight, but it was in a store, so maybe they needed lube?

anyways, I'm basically looking for a good all around mixer, 3 band eq, durable, sick cut in for the x-fader, master output in headphones, fx send/receive if possible... and most of all, loose faders, haha, I didn't realize how much that bothered me until I tried the 56 this weekend, and couldn't stand it... like, I could get used to it, but I didn't like the knobs either really... I could see where I could adapt, but I'd rather find something I'm fairly comfortable with right off... I was thinking like an 07-pro, and pop pro x-fade in or some other good fader?

I dunno, whatchall think?

pz!

If you trying to save cash get the 07 pro, and either mod the fader or get a png or whatever. If you got the money get a rane. If you get an 07 I bet you will have to buy another mixer one day. If you get a good rane, you should never have to buy another mixer ever.

Guest Vekked
If you trying to save cash get the 07 pro, and either mod the fader or get a png or whatever. If you got the money get a rane. If you get an 07 I bet you will have to buy another mixer one day. If you get a good rane, you should never have to buy another mixer ever.

word, but I REALLY didn't like the tightness of the faders, are they adjustable to be as loose as PCV's?

@dextrous, probably not enough money for a 909, I don't really need the effects or anything either, I have effects processors already

pz!

word, but I REALLY didn't like the tightness of the faders, are they adjustable to be as loose as PCV's?

@dextrous, probably not enough money for a 909, I don't really need the effects or anything either, I have effects processors already

pz!

The ranes have a tension spring that can be removed and it will be the butteriest fader ever.

I assure you that you used a defective Rane 56 (or it was not a 56, but a 54 which doesn't have magnetic faders). The Rane 56 is not by any stretch of the imagination a tight fader. Please go back and ask to try another one, because there is no way that the Rane fader is tighter than the PCV... simply makes no sense

wurd, the Rane 56 is the illest mixer on the market right now, hands down. The fader can be lightened by messing aorund with the tension spring or simply by lubing the rails. but it is very light straight out the box. I used to lube the faders with oil before I used cailube and the crossfader once got pretty tight coz too much dust and dirt collected on the rails.

I also have a Pioneer 707 and the the fader is nice too (after I modded the cut in tho). I don't like the feel of the fader caps. they're a little too slim.

I'm not a big fan of Vestax mixers. They're OK with a P&G or with a modded PCV fader but I think you can get better products at better prices with better faders than Vestax. I'm talking Stanton SA-5, SA-8, SA-12 and shit like that.

Guest Vekked

weird, it was my friend's mixer, and it seemed real tight, like... i can blow my pcv across to the other side, but like, with the 56 i was missing clicks because i'm usually really light on the fader, but i actually had to put effort into cutting with it, twas strange... the upfaders were a bit better, but still tighter than my pcv...

i was lookng at the stanton sa.5 and allen & heath xone:02, or possibly an 07 w/ pro x-fade... i dunno, just possibilities

pz!

weird, it was my friend's mixer, and it seemed real tight, like... i can blow my pcv across to the other side, but like, with the 56 i was missing clicks because i'm usually really light on the fader, but i actually had to put effort into cutting with it, twas strange... the upfaders were a bit better, but still tighter than my pcv...

Has he gone mountain biking or offroading with it recently? My he likes it so much he masturbates to and now the faders are all stuck?! haha, seriously try to find one that been taken care of

i was lookng at the stanton sa.5 and allen & heath xone:02, or possibly an 07 w/ pro x-fade...  i dunno, just possibilities

Whatever you decide, you know who can hook you up ;)

Has he gone mountain biking or offroading with it recently? My he likes it so much he masturbates to and now the faders are all stuck?! haha, seriously try to find one that been taken care of

i was lookng at the stanton sa.5 and allen & heath xone:02, or possibly an 07 w/ pro x-fade...  i dunno, just possibilities

Whatever you decide, you know who can hook you up ;)

Guest Vekked
07 with 3 pro x fades sounds dope. they need to hurry up with those line faders.

word, didn't you pick up a limited black 07 for cheap or summin? if so where'd you get it?

@xander: he seems to take care of his equipment super well, is there a tension adjust or something? because he does do mixing, so he may have tightened them up if that's possible? and what price can you get me for the stanton sa.5, allen & heath xone:02, and 07 pro xander? I live in Canada too if that matters

pz!

Guest Vekked

that'd be sick, then all i'd have to do is flood turntable radio with freestyles so I can win that fader, lol, if I send 100 I imagine I'll have a better chance...