South Yorkshire Scratch Scene

Rinko

Is there one?

I'm from Sheffield and have DJ'ed for about 4 years now - got more into scratching and eventually scratch music/composition etc. over the last 2/3 years...

Only thing is I don't know anyone who's really into scratching around here, never really had someone to jam or share ideas with.

Anyone out there?

Wanna get in touch and sort summat out?

I've been wanting to set up a kind of open decks/ jam session type thing for anyone who's interested really so let us know if you're interested...

i know there used to be superrix and danielson....but as far as i know rix has moved to london...and so has dan i think...

there was a head from back on hiphopmusic, and early snatch days who was from sheffersville....

cant for the life of me remember his name tho!!

s'all about the west yorkies, rinko!! ;)

pz

hehe

cheers...i met rix once years ago and interviewed him for a fanzine me and a mate were running but i think the whole thing collapsed before we ever printed that issue...

tdo - i'm out lodge moor way...how bout you?

fancy hookin up or organising owt ? you could have come down to night me n a mate do at Takapuna but i'm not sure what's happening with that now, we have to meet with the manager to discuss it...

who's dee swift as well?

am i just out of touch or is it quite a low key scene in shef?

eyup mate west yorkshire is where its at , i cut regularly with ed and the baron you wanna come over its well cool, nothing too serious just a bit of a laugh an a cut if nowt else youll improve shit loads, yo baron i got orbits on the ups now, you spawned a monster. what you up to next week mate ? ive not been so well this last week, assaulted at work by an asylum seeker then full of cold......happy days eh.

Man, I don't envy your job dood, I really don't!

Up for a cut this Sat for sure, would have been this Sat but ended up ganning along the Bolton road to see the Blackburn Arses again. GET IN KUQI YOU FAT KNACKER!

Ahem, so yeah, this Sat's good. My phones got more bars than Alkatraz at the moment so please don't think I'm ignoring you if you try and call me, should be back up this week sometime hopefully. If you need to tell me 'owt just call Eddy and he'll come round or som shit.

pz

eyup mate west yorkshire is where its at , i cut regularly with ed and the baron you wanna come over its well cool, nothing too serious just a bit of a laugh an a cut if nowt else youll improve shit loads, yo baron i got orbits on the ups now, you spawned a monster. what you up to next week mate ? ive not been so well this last week, assaulted at work by an asylum seeker then full of cold......happy days eh.

where do you work mate?

i work in a city centre jobcentre, its a fookin warzone, ive had a geezer with a gun, been assaulted, and a fella walked in 2 weeks ago and poured petrol overhimself in order to get his giro early, personnaly i'd have given him a match. got to find myself a new job soon this is getting stupid !!

Fancy dowsing yourself in Petrol to get your Giro early. Surely the petty would have cost more than the value of the cheque anyway?!

Fucking smackheads, I really am just gonna start playing them like their name suggests you should...!

LOL!

Dex, you're welcome on Sat as well if you're free.

pz