freestyle cuts

Freaky, I was literally *just* practicing with this very file! U have a nice sense of timing and the phrasing's dope. In all, I think the better part of the file is up until the hyroplane- nothing wrong afterward but it's more interesting before that.

c

If i post a reply does that make me a bitch? Fuck that..

Ha, seriously though, most people who post files etc, i usually end up saying something like "breath more" or calm down etc etc, in your case though, i think you need to breathe less, fill up the spaces with techs like discuss said, and also dont do so many slurs, i had that problem a while back to, it'll become a bad habit, like a comfort scratch, and that sucks trust me. On a positive note tho i think your on the right track dude..

Peace.

jus checked the file, heard better from ya, sounds like your struggling at placing the record accuratly for tighter, cleaner combos.. practice record control! i used to practice 2 click orbs and other fader intensive cuts for so long that when i tryed doing other cuts (or just freestyling) that required more record control it would sound messier then before.. try practicing faderless for 1 day or something then go back to practicing flares and see if it makes a difference.. did for me anyway, pz

Slurs are like a drag but going forward, pushing the record forwardf slowly=slur.. I'm sure loads of people/No0bz call it something completly different though ha.

i jus call em forward drags ;)

call it what ya want, the terminology i heard for them in about 95 was "slurs"

How can you drag something forwards? surely that would be a push. ;)