mixmaster mike tribute

p-ski

What's with the "a tablist can't be based off one thing" though?

Never said that man! Anyway, I think some 'tablists can be based upon one thing, it's up to them.

Regarding Q clones, I kinda disagree. To me it sounds like everyone's a D-Styles clone, and it's been this way for years.

Hmmmm good point

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i no but like MMM is the best i htink hes better than q no doubt

i second that in a sense. hes not exactly the BEST, but hes just sick in the head. i would personally pay to see MMM before i'd go to see qbert. mike always keeps the party LIVE!!!!!!!!! qbert just skratches amazing. imo, mike is the best all around dj.

Q bert is technically amazing and also boring as fuck with absolutely horrible taste in music and an annoying smug look on his face, most of the noises he produces make me feel ill.

Just my opinion.

Word like you said hes a technical god, but i cant listen to his stuff, its almost like he has no flow, and all that electro annoys me.

Guest Vekked

i think they're both good, but i'd say if you heard ALOT of both qbert and MMM over the years, you'd realize they both can cut, both mix, and both juggle, but it's true that qbert has seemed to have kept up with the times more than MMM, and qbert is on a pure ahh scratching tip for the most part, but i doubt he'll be like that forever, i'm sure he'll drop some music or something soon and all the haters will be shut up for a bit...

i never really doubt qbert, cuz he can do way more than what he puts out and shows people, its sort of like you can question his skills for a minute, but then you'll see him do something and it'll completely surprise you... i do like MMM though, i'd say i like listening to his actual tracks more than Q's for the most part, but i dunno... i always get this feeling as if Q's holding back, and he's gonna release something to blow me away again...

i have faith in both of them, both excellent at what they do, and both have created and will create things for us to learn from and build on as artists ourselves

pz!

personally i dig mmm's production and scratching a lot.

the thing that makes mmm for me is his originality in style

in a blindfold test or whatever of the top however many dj's, how many differenty styles couuld you recognise? mmm's would be the easiest to spot.

its incredibly simple, thats the beauty of it, i guess its just having the ear to hear something then the skill to execute it....dope tho!

oh btw. i dont think the delta blues exists as a track alone, i think mike was covering up incase of biters, (i could be wrong), but the whole robert jonson album was king of the delta blues, and the delta blues track itself doesnt exist.

now hows that for a conspiracy theory

The track he used was rambling on my mind. there are 2 different versions out there of the same track. sorry if its already been posted but i cant be arsed ploughing through all the posts to check!

Guest Vekked
nutriders abundant

i know 1 thing, i'd bump one of mikes albums in the ride instead of q's 9/10 times, that shit pounds

ya? well, i'd bump one of your moms in the ride instead of MMM 9/10 times... well, 10/10 times prolly...