Posting Categories

Max

There should be more specific categories to post in. For example if you go to the tech questions part of the board, you have people asking how to mod their crossfaders right next to people asking how to partition their hard drives. It doesn't make much sense to lump it all into one category. There should be separate tech help sections for audio and then for computers.

Yeah I thought about that. Problem is some people think there's too many categories already. It would be OK if there was a way to click on Tech Help and then when the new page opened it was split into sections, but there isn't. The DVKB section would be better if it was split too cos you got PC stuff mixed in with how to set up M44-7s and shit.

I'll look into it man. Welcome to the board btw. Member 100!

100 members already wow. yeh i reckon making more catagories will help. i only use them whaen i wanna post tho. other than that im always using the "view new post" tab. but it will help if ppl wanna find older threads (as long as ppl put posts in the correct catagory)

OK. How about a help/knowledge section? It could be split into 4 bits: -

Info to do with music/djing etc.

Info to do with computing/gaming

Tech help

Music/DJ help

People could look in the relevant info section (same as the DVKB section now) and if they don't see their answer, they could post the question in the help bit. What do you guys think?

Have a sticky section for those FAQ split into dj, music production and PC. possibly even another for musical equipment (ie drums guitar etc) as i know a few members play instruments. btw i have a great lil excel program that gives all the chords for guitar..i'll try and upload it if i find out how.

what about adding as many different catagories as deemed needed. leave them all there for a few mnths and see which 1s get used regulary and which 1s dont. if we can get every1 to post what catagories they would like to see we could then pick out the best and have them in place

Guest Deeswift

This has kind of been done already. We've experimented with lots of different sections before and most of them get ignored except the ones we have, but still we need a reshuffle and a few more additional sections.

Cheers, mate. This is much better. I think it will encourage more posting, too. When I first took a look at the site, it was nice, but it looked like it was geared mostly toward computer tech, etc. I think it's much more clear now that the site is also about music and DJing.

true sticky i thought this wa all bout pcs cept i knew a few pll on it from stanton rip. well i reckon this is gonna b bigger than stanton hopefully

anyway enough ass lickin...could we have a catagory for a basic pc setup

ie. have "x" security and "X2" firewall

and if you need eg sumthing to record wit use "x3" or "x4"

so hopefully us newbies will be able to look at what other ppl use and rate all in one post

I think you're better off asking specific questions really. My opinion is for a firewall use Sygate Pro and for virus protection use Kaspersky. Links to those programs are already up. Also, links to the music program torrents are up too. I think you're better off starting a thread asking what people use for a specific task, or asking how you get started with a particular program.

Also, if people have any guides or whatever then stick them up. We need people to start more threads like that. That's what helps keeps the board alive rather than just chatting about everyday life in the Freestyle section.

yeh but i was thinkin about havin a seperate post as a sticky as i know a lot of post in other forumsr on about the swame basic things that most other posts r about. i know about most of them cos ive spent time siftin though most of the post...but how many newbies r wiling to do that ..especially wen u get hell of a lot more posts

Yeah well that's what the D.V.K.B. section is for. Everything in there is meant to be educational, based on facts. The problem is, if you look down the list, 99% of the posts are by me or Dee. Are me and Dee the only ones who know anything about computing and DJ equipment? Of course not, but if nobody else makes the effort it puts me off from spending time writing a good article/post too.

If you look in the D.V.K.B. you will find everything from setting up Shure carts, to downloading different browsers, to dealing with SP2 for XP, to splitting and burning a mix CD etc. etc. All you gotta do is look down the titles of the posts to see if the info you need is there (or use the search facility) and if not, ask for help in one of the help sections.

yeh ok..my bad., ive just got a digi cam for my b/day so as soon as i find a place to upload my shots i am gonna show how i u set up my decks (if ne1 finds sumting wrong..or abetter way of settin up i will gladly post the pics up of it

No worries. I'm not having a go at anyone in particular. Not everyone has the amount of free time I have to post on here. I've put up an answer to your question about connecting equipment to your PC btw. I moved the topic to the Music Help section.