what skin do you use to view this site?

Nimrod

Guest Deeswift

I'd say it depends on your monitor. Or your eyesight! Some people need a light skin, especially if light is shining on your screen during the daytime, the dark ones are a nightmare. Before I bought a good monitor, light was a pain in the ass during the day. Plus on the fusion skins the font is tiny which doesn't help at all. I should remember that I'm using a 1600 X 1200 resolution though, and that won't help either, but all other skins look OK and are easily readable. I reckon setting the default board skin to a dark one with miniscule text is not a good idea.

I'm still using Applied. This should be the default skin, IMO, because it's the most "normal". And it has a warm vibe to it because of the orange. If the decision was down to me then I'd make sure it was the default. I find the Fusion skins very cold looking, but they are nice though.

Guest Deeswift

Where is it not finished? I have been using this skin for months and I don't notice anything unfinished...

Shoutbox is no big thing to me, it's just an extra, and it's perfectly readable.

All the info ain't aligned. It still says the old usergroups under names (ADMIN under mine). The Portal button ain't there - instead it's the old Report Post button. The font when you type a reply and in the shoutbox is much bigger than the font used in posts. The extra User CP button hasn't been removed like in all the other skins. That box above the forums is still there when you view the index - the one that says "Welcome back; your last visit was: Jul 27th 2005, 16:53" with a search box.

It's OK, but I wouldn't make it the default skin simply cos it's not consistent with the others. All the things we spent ages tweaking in the other skins haven't been done in Applied. Looks good if you like light skins though.

Guest Deeswift

Ah, well the skin is 100% usable, those are really minor points and we could change those things in a few minutes. They are so minor though that I didn't even think about them!

Whatever though. The good thing is we have a choice, but I still don't think many people are aware that we can even change skins.

fusion green is the man

sorry...the skin.

Yep and for those that don't know it's the only one that let's you do this: -

preview.jpg

You can't see the mouse pointer in the image, cos when you do a print screen it disappears, but I'm pointing at the "noWax parties" thread. It lets you read the first few sentences of the post without going into the thread. Now that I've got used to it, I wouldn't use a skin that didn't have it.

well steve, you learn something new everyday...i took that for granted.....

plasma does my head in- its too bright and in your face- the furthest i will venture is to fusion red occasionally lol

the grey and black colour scheme just spells out classic digital vertigo to me though.

Guest Deeswift

I used some of the images from the Fusion skin on DV1, but it didn't look too dissimilar (colour-wise) anyway.

I'm not sure why, but the thread preview feature in Fusion Green gets on my nerves a bit.