Credit card mod?

Steve

actually, the SA-8 has separate switches in the top center of the mixer to change from phono to line. The transform swtiches are only for transforming. My tascam XS-8 has the same thing.

Edited by DJStickey

2ndHand had an SA-8. I didn't like it at all. There seemed to be a slight delay in between clicking the fader and hearing the sound. It was really noticeable when wearing headphones. Also, the slot in the faceplate was too short for the fader. Perhaps this was a cheap way of getting a sharper cut in? As Stickey says, the OS2 switches are WAY too loose and have no lock. You're probably best taping them up so they don't move.

I had a quick go on Dub's SA-5 and it was a lot better. It didn't suffer from any of the problems the SA-8 did.

Are you talking about the Tascam's mate? There's more than two, but for a scratch mixer you are really looking at either the XS-4 or XS-8. They're basically rebranded Eclers. If you open them up and take the faders out, it says Ecler on them. The XS-8 and Ecler Hak 360 are basically the same thing apart from the XS-8 uses the Ecler Pro faders and not the Ecler Eternal faders found in the 360.

I've never used a Tascam but everything I've read seems positive about them, especially for the price. I have an Ecler Hak 310 with Pro faders and they're really nice for contact faders.

for some reason...audiolines sells their demo XS-8's for more than their new ones. Why? I don't know. But def buy one. I have one and it's awesome. It's just a really great mixer. Faders are smooth with a little lube. It's got a ton of features and it's really solid.

Jsut to clean something up, the Os2 Locks, don't literally lock the os2, meaning it can't move, what it does is it disables the os2 from working kinda, basically if you put the os2 lock on when you're on the phono input, you canmove the os2 switch but the phono input will stay on... Also Sigma the sa-8 probably had a delay because of the FFv2, though if the FFV2 wasn't in than i have no idea why it's doing that...

Okay so the transform switches are really light, and really easily move back and forth...so on the SA-5 and the SA-12, they have a button you can press called an OS2 lock to keep the switch from moving back and forth on it's own due to vibration. But on the SA-8 i couldn't seem to find one.

I think this is mainly because the sa-8 came out before all of them the sa-12 came out like just after the sa-8, but i have no idea why they didn't put it on the newer sa-8's. and focus actually posted up a somwhat simple mod to make one for your sa-8 or for my sk2f-ltd

Jsut to clean something up, the Os2 Locks, don't literally lock the os2, meaning it can't move, what it does is it disables the os2 from working kinda, basically if you put the os2 lock on when you're on the phono input, you canmove the os2 switch but the phono input will stay on... Also Sigma the sa-8 probably had a delay because of the FFv2, though if the FFV2 wasn't in than i have no idea why it's doing that...

correcto, except it was nothing to do with the ffv2 cos the sa-8 also has a png with it and it did it with that too. it was to do with the circuitry inside the mixer. if you have an affected mixer stanton will repair it for free.