FUGA

jsong56

its shit...

ric on the cut is fine...

had a listen last week to fuga and some nice bits but on a whole...

i dont now what all the fuss is about...

as for rrrrap thats more like it...

i just bought two copies from ninja tune by mistake so i'm pissed of to begin with ! i'm even more pissed off that the album is shit.

i'll say this here 'cos i'm to scared to say it on asis and i don't want to incur the wrath of rikki and his 700 cocksuckers, but what a load of pretentious concept bullshit . i love turntable based music ,i own tons of it and can quite happily listen to it all day. but fuga just bored me.

it has none of the beauty of the tracks on knitting factory and it seems like he's trying to hard to make sophisticated intelligent music rather than something pleaseing to the ear ,but none the less i shall persevere and keep listening.

plus if it is up to the hype of what rikki makes out then i've got another copy still in the cellaphane which will one day be worth thousands .

I heard a few samples. I thought it was dire - just my opinion of course. There are some threads over at Asis, but they're mostly the same old "Rucker telling everyone they're fucking stupid if they don't like his music" kind of things.

opinion is not fact, it sucks when people say "this is shit", its just for you, let it go.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THIS TO THAT FAT FUCK RICCI PLEASE?

His words on this: -

"taste is NOT subjective.

less educated people have a less matured taste"

Therefore I am dumb and have immature taste because I don't like Fuga. Makes sense right? :s

fuga has its moments, from an artists standpoint alot of the tracks are minimalistic, i dont know if thats what he was going for or not, but that is something that is very prevalent in art as a whole. there were 1 or two tracks on there i really enjoyed, the rest was kinda boring. scetchbook was wayyyyy better, but then again they are on two completely different playing feilds so its hard to make that comparison.

to be honest fuga is out there for a lot of people's palletes, ive just done an album of total drossy lo-fi noodlings for fun at home with a mate of mine banging on things and whistling for a laugh, its great fun and its healing in the sense that you lose inhibitions, not really got much to do with the topic but i think its all related somehow?!? :s

Send the sealed one back if you don't want it and get a refund.

Distance selling, innit? You can do that without even giving them a reason, you're entitled to a full refund.

opinion is not fact, it sucks when people say "this is shit", its just for you, let it go.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THIS TO THAT FAT FUCK RICCI PLEASE?

FUCKING AMEN!!!

I've not heard Fuga, and to be honest, I'd find it VERY difficult to approch it from an unbiased point of view. In truth, I'd like it to be either fantastic, or shite. It would be much easier to have a definate opinion on this one.

If previous experience is anything to go by, this won't be the case. The likelyhood is that when I listen, it will be largely uninspiring with the odd bit of genius that completely blows my mind... then back to the shite.

I'm saying this having not listened to it. I can't say I'm terribly keen to listen, either. My OPINION is that there are far more listenable turntablists out there, and I'd rather listen to their work. Simple as.

Although TBH, right now I'm listening to my OWN work -because my work needs work. Get me?

about 90% of fuga is production and only 10% skratching; ricci only added skratching where he felt it really fitted.

opinions are quite different obviously, as i fucking love fuga!!! to me it has more of a jazz-like approach, you have to invest some time in listening to the whole instead of skipping through and also you have to invest some thought on the structures, but it pays out because when you do that you'll like the music even more... that's how it is to me. but you shouldn't have to much expectations listening to it but let the music take you away.

i think it's similar to the way they approach things with gunkhole; as mike boogie says on the blt dvd, "it's all moments"... beautiful moments.

I've not heard Fuga, and to be honest, I'd find it VERY difficult to approch it from an unbiased point of view. In truth, I'd like it to be either fantastic, or shite. It would be much easier to have a definate opinion on this one.

agreed. the fact that due to his internet ramblings i think he is a certified tosser, A) i won't buy the music, B) i won't even waste my time downloading the music and C) if i somehow do listen to it, it'll be tainted by my opinion that he's a cunt.