Vestax PMC-06ProA

i got a 06proA for chrimbo and ever since have been wondering if i should take the front plate off. Im sure i heard that theres loads of different variations are possible for the rotarys and faders. like over 500 or something. :s

i had a go at unscrewing the front plate but got scared that i'd rip the metal out the top of the screws, has anyone got any advise? i really love this mixer (seen as though its my first) and dont want to fuck it up. :$

im gonna post a pic of my setup on that other topic so y'all niggaz can check it out and what not. :)

Thanks

yeah i was thinking that ill need to take it off at some point anyway. i think i'll give it a go tonight, see what happens. so is it possible to swap the faders round and stuff like that?

if this is the same as the 06 the x-fader is different to the ups. but the ups are interchangeable, you can change the curve of teh upfader'd by moving the switch you can see situated down at the base of the upfaded, i think there's 3 positions.

important safety note - turn power off before poking around with screwdriver in the guts of your mixer.

you can also change the line switches around...

dont worry i wont electrocute myself, lol. i wanna change the curve on the upfaders, they're too sharp for my liking. i do an equal amount of mixing and scratching so i want the faders to be smooooooth. Thanks.

Frost.... you're not the cunt who was selling modified 'Frost-Faders' on eBay a couple of years ago? Twice the price for a scrape-modded PCV. Wish I'd thought of that first... flol

I'm guessing you're not though, lol

Anyway, AFAIK all 05/06 use very different faders for the ups as the cross, so swapping that is a no-no. In fact, I believe you may find the ups are longer than 45mm, but don't quote me on that, I honestly can't remember.

with regards to removing the faceplate off, you are right to be concerned: GO TO B&Q/HOMEBASE/HOME-DEPOT/(insert regional variation here); take the mixer with you and buy the right screwdriver.

Stripped screws are a BITCH to remove from mixers -normally there are only two options: either open the mixer from another side and turn it with pliers from the back (often impossible since most mixers only open at the front face), or dremel yourself a thick line through the screw to allow a flat-blade to turn it, no doubt taking off half the paint/finish in the process.

Spend a few quid, get the right screwdriver, it <i>will</i> be worth it.

easy easyyyyyy! calm it! lololol. im not frost-fader, but i might steal that name though. i can think of one yet, any ideas?

back on topic though, ive already opened the mixer and altered the curve and rotated the line switches, wooooo. the only problem is that its not possible to turn the switch more than 45 degrees anti-clockwise. which is a bugger, there at 45 degrees now - which alrite.

im not frost-fader, but i might steal that name though. i can think of one yet, any ideas?

I think Frost is pretty cool, stick with that...

im not frost-fader, but i might steal that name though. i can think of one yet, any ideas?

I think Frost is pretty cool, stick with that...

yea its a cool name, short, catchy an easy to remember. You know how to do the credit card mod on your crossfader? definatly worth the time, will make cf much more responsive with a quicker cut.

http://www.geocities.com/rosarezendes83/fadermod.JPG

the what?! credit card? thats a good idea that, real short cut in distance.

hey chile, are you chile as in from hull? i tink i saw you at adelphi with cockney mike if your the person i think you are.

peace

the what?! credit card? thats a good idea that, real short cut in distance.

hey chile, are you chile as in from hull? i tink i saw you at adelphi with cockney mike if your the person i think you are.

peace

yea that was me, my mixing was appauling that night :( . Think I met you while battered on pills a few months back after shinobi.. went back to your bros after party and tryed to cut on the allen an health mixer to no avail.. lol.. dont think it had scratch cut on it.. either that or i was more fucked then i thought :$ lol.

We should get a jam session going sometime.. the rest of the crew have disappeared to london so I have no one to jam with, you got skype mate? worth checkin out for scratch jams over the net :d

http://www.skype.com

Think I met you while battered on pills a few months back after shinobi..  went back to your bros after party and tryed to cut on the allen an health mixer to no avail.. lol.. dont think it had scratch cut on it.. either that or i was more fucked then i thought

yeah i remember that, was an alright night, as much as i can remember. my friends got an allen&heath not too good for scratchin i dont reckon. you know ad ahmed aswell then? he was talkin about going down to yours at some point. we should try hookin things up one time

Think I met you while battered on pills a few months back after shinobi..  went back to your bros after party and tryed to cut on the allen an health mixer to no avail.. lol.. dont think it had scratch cut on it.. either that or i was more fucked then i thought

yeah i remember that, was an alright night, as much as i can remember. my friends got an allen&heath not too good for scratchin i dont reckon. you know ad ahmed aswell then? he was talkin about going down to yours at some point. we should try hookin things up one time

yea man, we should all hook up for a night of cutting some time, after today im free from college for ever :d will be putting in alot of cutting hours till i can find a job for my lazy ass lol. I've jus killed my pcv fader (well it works but is crackly as fuck). gonna sell my gamecube and get a penny and giles.. should last me a while and slick as fook cut in time.. once ive sorted my shit out we should arrange a night of scratchin out.