WHATS WITH THE PDX MK2?

ok, ive just got my pdx from the shop cuz it waz in repair. but after bout a wk of scratching, same shit happens.

the platter will be rotating fine, then all of a sudden it will go backwards, then forwards, then start doing tiny little scribbles all by itself! yes, scribbles without me even touching the platter.

when it fucks up by itself it sounds like the platter is doing waves, (with superseal on obviously).

the dude at the repair shop said it had something to do with the pitch control. i didnt think so but i thought, "fuck, your the pro...handle it"

then i get the thing back and it happens again!

what the fuck is up with vestax man??

any good modders or anyone know what the hell is up, or has this happend to ya'll b4??

im getting the shits with vestax. i fuckt off my 1210's and 05 for pdx's and a 56, now im thinking bout going back to my 1210's.

yeh its still under warrantee. i might have to do that, the thing is, its been fuckt from the day i bought it and the warrantee is up soon.

are they liable to fix it after the warrantee for free cuz the product has been faulty from day one?

In the UK, the first time something fucks up you can get your money back, a replacement or a repair. If you don't get your money back the first time and it fucks up again, then you are only entitled to another repair or a replacement. This continues throughout the life of the warranty (and in some cases beyond).

You'd have to check the law in your state, but here in the UK the consumer is offered a lot of protection.

Guest Mike Reezy

hurry up and send it back b4 the warranty wears out.

Talk to customer service, I would jsut keep returning them till you get a good one.

I know this happens because I have witnessed it on 2 peoples PDX

(not mk2), also have just heard about 50 stories of this exact same shit.

My guess is it has something to do with the voltages switching the current to the motor, because when you switch the + and - to the motor, it switches directions.

Maybe the cables wear out after a while, or the insulation heats up and fucks over or something, and the currents are jumping.

Maybe follow the wires back from the motor, and make sure nothing is visually amiss.

With these turntables and mixers and shit, it sometimes seems difficult, but just start taking shit apart and you'll soon figure out that its not much harder than legos.

i thought they'd fixed that problem already with the original pdx's so they wouldnt happen with the mkII's.. damn that sucks to hear man. take it back asap, get it replaced or some shit.

i got a pdx 2300 mk2 last summer and it was a nightmare. i didn't have the problems you have but my platter was moving up and down about 0.5 centimetres while rotating and caused a lot of skippage.

i brought it back, got it repaired but it was all the same. so i brought it back to the store again and finally met a friendly customer service guy there. we figured out that the platter caused the problem, so we tried 2 or 3 other 2300 mk2 platters fresh out the box and they were all "warped"/ fucked. at last we tried a platter from a pdx 2300 mk2 pro and this one is fine now, no skippage anymore... but wtf is up vestax?

but i wouldn't want to miss the ultra pitch now!

peace

Christian's PDX do the same shit, it's a fucking nightmare. If you're up on them for a couple of hours, it'll normally happen about twice.

I *think* we went and got them in the summer of 2001. I've heard a lot of people mention similar problems, but only ever seen the issue personally on Chun's decks.

I've heard from a few peeps tha placing certain mobile phones near the deck has been known to activate the reverse. I'll be bollocksed if I can remember who, but someone said that every time he got a call, one PDX began spinning the other way.

Weird shit. Because it happens quite infrequently, it's very hard to track down the cause -but it happens frequently enough to be a right nuisance.