delayed 2 clickers

pedostyle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the diagram there is one click where the record changes direction. Where do you see two?

the record movement ratio between continuous delayed 2 clicker and a continuos 2 click orbit is 3:1. same clicks, but different record movement.

OK. Take your little isolated click section in the middle. Here's another scratch that would fit in there: -

1 click flare orbit - pause - 1 click flare orbit - pause (repeated twice more)

Same number of clicks exactly, but it's called a ONE click flare orbit, not two. Here's another one: -

chirp - chirp - baby (repeated 4 times)

That fits the exact same click pattern. Is a chirp two clicks or one? Are two chirps one after another a 2-click chirp? No.

With a 1-click flare as the record moves forwards you click the fader once, hence the ONE in the title of the scratch. Here you are clicking the fader later - as the record changes direction - but you are still clicking it ONCE only. The record moves forward - one click - the record moves backwards - one click etc. etc. Just because the patterns line up doesn't mean it's the same at all. In the examples I gave, the click pattern is identical with a different ratio so by your logic they are both two click patterns as well right?

In the diagram there is one click where the record changes direction. Where do you see two?

the record movement ratio between continuous delayed 2 clicker and a continuos 2 click orbit is 3:1. same clicks, but different record movement.

Cool, thats how I understand it.

I found a wicked sounding variation on what is above is to pull back on the forward with clicks at both ends, so the 'baby' part is always going forwards rather than alternating direction. So you get...

freshserf-fres-fresherf-fres-

...instead of...

freshserf-fres-hserfres-sref-

Hope that made sense :((

yo what denio says, just do that. It cant be easier than that. Thats what i was explaining. The whole term "delayed 2 clickers" is a bit confusing thats all. forget terms and try to look beyond them, there's nothing more time wasting then talking about it rather then doing it.

do what denio says, it works. It is exactly that which i wrote down.

its the hardest part in technique, cause u are confronted with your "everything moves at the same time"-ness

Guest Deeswift

LOL! I tell you what, why don't people forget the fucking delayed flare and come up with something original for a change.