delayed 2 clickers

pedostyle

i wanna figure out how to do delayed 1 or 2 click flares but no where have i seen a good explanation, perhaps could someone draw up a quick scratch notation chart? a shite one in paint will do, i just dunno when to do the clicks

thanks

Edited by Sinergee

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's loads of explanations of this. To me, the description suggests you do the same record movement as a normal flare, but you delay the clicks rather than clicking in the middle of the sound. Just try out different things man! My hands seem to be stuck in a pattern of doing normal flares and flare orbits, but occasionally I can get it to sound different.

one thing you can do is..jus t do normal 2 click orbits then move the record 1/3 faster while still doing the 2 click orbit motion(with the same speed) with you faderhand....

then there is the description by cocob...i learned it with this method btw..its the easiest and most on point description i know of

do this

1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4

F B F B F B F B F B F B

(forth, back, forth, back) simple baby scratch

now

in this timing you can lay a clicker pattern like this :

1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 (4/4)

F B F B F B F B F B F B (VINYL)

1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 (3/4) CLICKER

Now, accent the 1 and 2 of the 3/4th timing which means u have to click on the 1 and 2, skip 3, repeat.

that, my friends is delayed flare

cocob (for the delayed 2 clicker diagram) , and ryan does another delay scratch, there are many!

Why is it called a 2 clicker when only one click is shown? Also if you click on the point where the record changes direction then that's not really a flare. Post a file bitch!

one thing you can do is..jus t do normal 2 click orbits then move the record 1/3 faster while still doing the 2 click orbit motion(with the same speed) with you faderhand....

then there is the description by cocob...i learned it with this method btw..its the easiest and most on point description i know of

do this

1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4

F B F B F B F B F B F B

now

Now, accent the 1 and 2 of the 3/4th timing which means u have to click on the 1 and 2, skip 3, repeat.

Thats hella confusing but it is right.

Try this.

Do standard 2 click orbits and then change your record hand up to scratch triplets instead while keeping the fader clicks the same.

The pattern ends up very similar to (but not quite identical) as

- Original flare - 2 transforms forward - Reverse original flare - 2 transforms back.

look for the 3/4 time signiture scratches in -

http://www.dextrousmonkey.com/scratchposter.htm

WTF that shit is making my eyes hurt. None of those 3/4 patterns are even flares. All of the clicks are on the turning point between forwards and back on the record ie chirp patterns.

well done dextrous, thats because theyre not flare patterns :d

when you do the delayed 2 clicker fast you'll realise why its called so.. you can pincer click the 2 clicks, feels like your doing 2 click orbits but with a different record movement. i'll post a better delay 2 clicker then i did last time when i get home if i have the time.

the dealyed flare is not a flare!!!!...forget about the name

cocob's description is the easiest believe me

fuck those diagrams..i mean everybody use what fits him the most..but i cant stand diagrams

nevertheless, if you can read a diagram it will save you the time reading a broad, written description.. words can be taken different ways, simple diagrams can't if you understand the simple rules in them.

the dealyed flare is not a flare!!!!...forget about the name

cocob's description is the easiest believe me

fuck those diagrams..i mean everybody use what fits him the most..but i cant stand diagrams

nevertheless, if you can read a diagram it will save you the time reading a broad, written description.. words can be taken different ways, simple diagrams can't if you understand the simple rules in them.

exactly, the description on asis gave me a friggen headache

do this

1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4

F B F B F B F B F B F B

now

i am kinda retarded with time signatures and what not

on the "clicker" line do you mean that is the count or thats actually how many clicks i do on each forward + back motion

okay ill try to explain

just do that....

move the record forward---1

move the record backward---2

move the record forward---3

move the record backward---1

hence 3/4 signature..when you would count the 4 you actually count at 1 again

count in your head...and at 1 and 2 you click once

cant desribe it easier

Could someone (Ryan possibly) just post a slow delayed flare on it's one with no beat then those who really wanna know can disect the waveform in sound forge :d

Then after 10 hours of analysis we can all agree on the simple fact the we still won't all agree on how to do a delayed flare :d