THE SECRET JSONG MOD FOR THE RANE 56 EXPOSED ;)

this is something i done to my 56 to get almost a instant cut.

kinda my secret mod, (i havent heard anyone talk about it)...but cuz DV is the shit and one of the

better forums, hear is my contribution...

here it is...

"THE JSONG MOD" lol...

get a credit card, cut out a sqare about 2.5cm by about 3cm (read the whole thing 1st b4 u cut ANYTHING). if you want a sharper cut u can double it up. personally, 2 cards was too thick so i used one cut out to the above dimensions and wrapped some sticky tape around it to thickn it up.

open your fader and stick this card youve cut standing upright in between the two rails againts the grey walls. the trick is to get the card to sit behind the o-ring snug so when u push the o-ring back onto the card it will bring the o-ring forward about 2mm (depeding on the thickness of your cut out card). try and get the card cut the exact distance between the rail so it fits nice and tight. if its loose u can always get a TINY bit of blue tack and stick it to the wall so the card sticks.

the trick to this is the have the card sit behind the o-ring snug.

this is hell better than bending the sensors. its effectively the EXACT same thing, plus u dont risk snapping your sensors straight off.

NOTE:

u DONT HAVE to do it on both sides of the fader. by doing it on one side will give u the same quick cut without the card on the other side.

do it on your upfaders aswell!!!

ive done this mod on all my faders with the torsion spring removed and the 56 is the BEST mixer ive EVER used when it comes to fader, sound, looks, etc.

ok there u go folks, u heard it from me 1st. when everyone tells u...

"there aint no mod u can do on a 56 but bend the sensor mod and the torsion spring mod"

u can tell em about the JSONG mod ;)

now stop playing fucking with ya shit and go scratch!!!

I card mod everything. Even my blinker on my car. Gotta get that fast cut on. People gots to know when i am turning.

ehhhh..... anyways Sounds like a good alternative to moving those damn sensors which i would never do, too fucken expensive incase they do break. Thanks again Jsong

I think the cut in time is fine on this mixer, you could honestly come out with the "perfect" mixer and someone will not like something about it. Whateverrrr

sinergy: feel free to send any mixer to my house ;)

nahh on the real...im not really into modding. ill only mod something which is not permanent, and something easy.

the 56 has a dope cut in, this mod makes it even doper. this mod with the spring mod will give u the best fader/mixer money can buy

you'll find that MOST (not all) people who endlessly fuck with their shit cant cut for shit and just end up fucking their shit up anyways.

Can't they make a mixer that doesn't need modding? Surely it's not that hard to make a decent adjustable fader.

That pro x fader thats never gonna come out will be the end to fader modding

not necessarily the end, there are ways of modding faders that no fucker has done yet. Also the pro x-fade is most definately coming out, we just dont want to come half arsed with it so were even making sure the fader knob has the right kind of plastic and shit like that.

That seems like a long way to go for a ham sandwich. Just open the fader and slightly move the black sensors on the sides to the outside in order to adjust your cut in point. As long as you are gentle you shouldn't screw it up. Just mark the original position if you want to put it back to normal. Once you take off the faceplate this takes about 30 seconds - and the feel of the fader is not compromised. Personally I wouldn't want the cut in any tighter than it is stock.

peace

c.c.

Can't they make a mixer that doesn't need modding? Surely it's not that hard to make a decent adjustable fader.

That pro x fader thats never gonna come out will be the end to fader modding

not necessarily the end, there are ways of modding faders that no fucker has done yet. Also the pro x-fade is most definately coming out, we just dont want to come half arsed with it so were even making sure the fader knob has the right kind of plastic and shit like that.

dope, ive been waiting on this for a while, i dont want to spend on a p&g.

it will fit any stanton mixer is that correct?