Rane 56i

Im totally ignorant when it comes to new dj gear, Ive been out of the whole gear thing since i stopped modding on stanton when they flushed the forum, i just found out i was wise not to cop a pair of cdj100's for nostalgic reasons after i just had a quick browse online and saw some nice looking cdj200's with the zipjetwah ish and fine fine pitch incriments comparable to my dn5000 and for a fair price.

Id hate to be in a similar condition shelling out for a 56 even though its worth every cent and have some 58 drop, Just currious if anyones heard whether rane will be revising the 56 ....

Edited by Nelson

the Rodec And Urei are supposed to be better than the rane, but i forgot which one, i think it was the Urei, is still using regular old conacts faders, which isn't necessarily bad, i men obviously three' the P and G and that other fader, i forgot what it was called, that was supposed to be released like a year ago, where you can adjust where you put the cut in point and it has user replaceable aprts etc., i can't believe i forgot the name. Anyways yea it still ahs contact faders which isn't ba dlike i said, but the asking price is like around 900 bucks or something, i can get a rane for 650, or a pioneer 707 for 300 or a pioneer 909 for around 6 or whatever, and they bust used non contact faders and sound quality is still amazing on those

yeah i saw that shit, 3 bills for a 707 is damn cheap....is there a diff in faders between the 909 and the 707. the 909 felt nice but i didnt like having that koss pad in the center of the mixer, external sampler is the best way to go about it, onboard effects is wack.

ill check out the urei then, thanks for the headsup.

the thing about the rane isnt so much the faders arent gonna bleed for a long time its that they feel so good, like i said im mainly a mix dj at heart but i was pulling off a lot of crap i couldnt do before just because that mixer is so amazing, every mixer seems to be so specific, the 2 band eq cut mixers arent suited to mixing applications and those djm or 19inch beasts arent at all good for scratching, the rane is just as good for mixing as it is for scratching imo. powerful eq, wet.dry, and set the faders to slow and the unit is godsend.

the 707 and the 909 use the same faders, which are "customizable." And teh 909 doesn't use a kaoss bad, it's jut this large lcd panel for it's effects unit built in. Nelly, i wouldn't really bother looking into either they're both specifically designed for scratching and both are f'ing expensive.

As far as i can tell, the Ecler Nuo5 is the be-all-end-all of mixers on the market currently. Four channel, eternal fader, built in effects...you get it. The Nuo3 looks sweet, too. Sort of like a PMC-37D

i was gonna get a 707 for mixing as they r cheap (£300) and seems to have ok eqs. but i can also scratch with it too which is hardly found on a mix mixer

Yea heard about, it will probably be good but 4 channels seems over kill to me, 3 Is more than enough really.

depends tho, these mixers are for professional applications, or at least they are built that way, have the xlr outs and good quality eq and components you cant find for less, as much as behringer would like you to believe that they are giving you a better mixer than what your paying for.

i wouldnt mind 4 channels if i was leaving it at home all the time...or if it was meant to be in the booth its better to accomodate 4 sources ie a dual rack and 2 decks rather than having to shift in and out....i like the rane 56 because its small and is built well....tho i had always thought it be heavier than it was....when i first got it.