Counter Strike Source Beta

Banano

is the new cs runnin off the new doom3 engine?  if so man, count me out....im not playin cs all choppy... make me look bad..

are you quite right in the head? No, CS SOURCE runs on Source (that's Valve's latest engine, not some shitty commercial bling mag) and should be much more friendly to ATI cards than DOOM3 is.

If you don't own CS:CZ then it's a moot point anyway, as you won't be in the beta :d

Nice avatar btw....... 'Wow, a police chase!'

Edited by Banano

my b, just saw that hl2 is runnin off a new engine so i figured thats what the new cs was. i have cs:cz....what about it???

dee, cs is pretty dope man, i was addicted for a good bit, always playin man, still have some ss of my scores too....may have to post some later...

I still haven't played CS, is it any good? Or is that a stoopid question?

It's still the most popular online game in the world. The first release was in 1999 :what_smile:

It's really quite good if you get on a server with decent players (and by that I mean people who play intelligently and co-operate) but some of the maps nowadays are really just glorified deathmatch arenas.

I think it's declined in terms of the quality of the people but you can still find places where the majority of the players are adults with a sense of humour (like wireplay for example)

I was all ready to give up HL multiplayer when CS turned up - it was a revelation even in it's first beta release as it added a real sense of danger (you die and you are out for the rest of the round + you have to buy your weapons and equipment) and necessitated true teamwork (or an ISDN line) in order to win.

I haven't played in a couple of years due to no internet access and other factors but i'm really looking forward to re-visiting it with all the goodies source has to offer.

iexist : if you have CS:CZ check your steam 'play games' window and you should see the source beta in your 'coming soon' section.

Edited by Banano

Guest Deeswift

Right. Didn't realize it was an online game. I only got broadband a while back so I never really looked into online gaming, it ain't usually my kinda thing but I'll check out CS if it's good.

is the new cs running off a new engine?

Yes. SOURCE - proper physics, deformable terrain, ragdolls and a whole bunch of spiffy light and sound effects. Some videos of what source can do can be found here :

http://www.halflife2.net/index.php?page=videos

These vids are from the 2003 E3 so it should be even more impressive now. :49_49:

Dee - you have to pay for it these days but it's not too much I think..............

be warned, it's a very unforgiving game at first due to the huge disparity between experienced and new players. The best thing you can do is set up a lan game and have a wander round some of the maps to familiarise yourself with the terrain first.

Edited by Banano