Decent new scratch tutorial resources?

lem

Hey all! Back in the day there was an incredible resource on asisphonics.com called The Ever that listed basically every technique under the sun. I wonder if there is a similar 'scratch bible' out there today? I just ask cos I haven't cut for about 10 years and want to get filled in on all the mad new school techniques I missed! 

Qbert put out a DVD a good while ago that has lots of techniques but I could never get into it.  I think it's called "Scratchlopedia Breaktanica"

I highly recommend joining Beat Junkies TV.  They have tutorials on tons of scratches but the classes have even more. They hold classes 7-days a week and you can watch them on replay.  I've been taking scratch lessons from D-Styles for about a year now.  I've learned so much stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, JHouse said:

JB, how much are you paying for those classes with D?

"I said D mutherfucker, D..."

Oh crap.  Sorry JHouse.  Don't know how I missed this.  I paid $360 for a 1-year subscription ($30/month) for the record pool and beat junkies TV.  They do 2-for-1 deals like that pretty frequently and it's the cheapest way to get the beat junkies TV subscription.  If you're on IG just message D-Styles and he'll give you the info.

Apparently Babu was breaking down reverse autobahns the the other day.  D has been breaking out these longer combo patterns.  Lots of "mirror" and "reflection" patterns.  There's some larger conceptual stuff he goes into on occasion where I'm like "damn, I never thought of that!".

• Like 1

Thanks man, just what I wanted to know. I've been getting back into cutting again lately, and while it's a hoot, I've been stuck in the same skratches/patterns for a minute. So yeah, thinking about learning ish from D-Styles and the gang, and thus trying to raise my game. That's cool the membership comes with a record pool 'cause I'm in the market for that, too.

Peace.

• Like 1