Danswift - Here We Are One Time (Original Album Mix)

i freakin love this project, Dan. great to hear a different mix of it.

was always surprised you made this on a 404, it really sounds like mpc production to me

looking forward to hearing your new music!

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 7:53 AM, OKJoy said:

was always surprised you made this on a 404, it really sounds like mpc production to me

Yeah,all SP-404 O.G. played live..sometimes I use the O.G. and the 404 SX together if I need to use more samples for a particular track or live recording.

Always wanted an MPC of some description and will probably end up getting one eventually at some point..both the MPC Live and X models look absolutely terrific.

There's a MPC 2000 I could use at the moment that's lying around at my mums place along with some other gear stored there plus the SP-303 which i'll use in resampling drums from the 404s for some extra crunch ,I've had a little mess around with the 2000 but not enough to get to grips with it fully yet though. 

I always wanted an MPC 2500, but once I got it and modified the pads so they were more sensitive, I sold it. The work flow sucked and even though I upgraded the pads, they still weren't that sensitive. Basically had to hit them to get any sound. Also, I remember Pete telling me the pads on the Maschine MK3 were "silky smooth and sensitive" and overall, he said it was an awesome piece of kit. So, I bought that instead and have loved it ever since, especially after moving away from a PC to a 2013 Mac Book Pro.

Besides all that, yeah danswift, the stuff you're laying down is dope dude. Mad props all around son.

• Like 1