Can you run Scratch Live 2.5.0 on a tablet?

mfsop

My laptop is finally done for, so I was looking for something cheap like a Lenovo X250 for mobile media stuff and to use it with my 57SL for the rare occassion of DJing somewhere.

Now I was wondering if this can be done with a tablet, too and if that's actually a good idea. I've never owned a tablet, so sorry if that's a stupid question. :p

I already have a decent desktop PC, so I don't need anything fancy.

Interested to know how you get on here, as I'm getting really paranoid these days about backups, and was thinking of employing a tablet as a back up in case my Mac dies in public. Might even buy a shit dj app just for emergencies.

IDK if Serato would run on whatever flavor of Windows they're loading on Windows tablets these days, but maybe? Otherwise, in theory: cheap rooted android tablet running Windows, USB dongle with connection as midi device. Sounds pretty hacky and like a real pain in the ass to setup but I bet it could be done if you have enough time and patience.

Since Windows 10 was released, tablets just run the standard version of the OS. There is a mode called "S mode" where it only allows you to run Windows Store apps, like Windows RT did back in the Windows 8 days, but you can switch out of S mode to regular Windows 10 (once done though, you can't switch back).

So yeah, it would come down to the hardware really and whether you had any latency issues caused by drivers, which is sometimes a bit of a lottery with Windows machines.

I don't think any DVS has a dedicated touch screen mode, so the UI experience might not be the best.

• Like 1

For the money it seems decent. It's over 5 years old, but it should be absolutely fine for running Serato, based on the hardware specs at least.

Great to hear that it's an alright deal - back in the 90s I understood CPUs. Nowadays, there is i3, i5, i7 with different generations, numbers of cores and rates. They lost me. :d

Still using Serato Scratch Live in 2019 is sexy very sexy

What do you mean? Is there are a newer version? :p

What do you mean? Is there are a newer version? :p

I meant (or I guess) a lot of Scratch Live Users switched to Serato DJ (I didn't because I got a TTM-57sl and I still prefer Scratch Live to Serato DJ)...