Has hip hop reached a new low?

medinah_nitro

This mumble rap has been going on for +5 years now...nothing new here... apparently those type of vids get watched way more than real hiphop hence he makes lots of money.

The consumer has a choice..they want mumble rap so they get what they want.

Kool G Rap explains it better on DJ Vlad TV.

• Like 3

^^Dude, glad I'm not the only one Waxie. It's bad foreal but it's also catchy.

The consumer has a choice..they want mumble rap so they get what they want.

Yup. People basically said rap was shit and retarded from the start. Now we got hiphop heads saying it so guess it's gone full circle.

Surprised to see Lil Wayne on it but also he ain't dumb... he gonna get paid. Seems like this is all this is his fault. His idiot freestyle albums brought the bar down so far. Then ope the door for Riff Raff and all the scenesters thought it was ironically great and fun. Which it was. But the end result is this.

For me it hit bottom when i was on my motorcycle, at a stoplight, and the entire time i dont give a f, b i dont give a f over and over, no other words, was coming out of the car beside me.

I thought well, you cared enough to write the song so they are not only musically and lyrically crippled, theyre conflicted too

• Like 3

Shit like this is just a bit of fun though yeah? Pump is just some weird cartoon character pretty much. Doubt anyone takes what he does too seriously.

Plus I bought save tonight by eagle eye cherry on CD single - I have no right to moan about any music at all.

I remember sitting in the pub with some friends just after "Save Tonight" came out, and one of the girls at the table asked if anyone had heard the song, cos she really liked it. Another friend asked who it was by, and just as I'd taken a big swig of beer, she said "Eagle Eyed Derek", which for some reason I found hilarious, leading me to spit beer all over myself.

I don't get the appeal of these mumbling tattoo-covered retards. Some of the beats can be cool, but I just can't listen to any of that shit.

• Like 2

For me it hit bottom when i was on my motorcycle, at a stoplight, and the entire time i dont give a f, b i dont give a f over and over, no other words, was coming out of the car beside me.

That's why we listen to scratching! :)

• Like 6

Shit like this is just a bit of fun though yeah? Pump is just some weird cartoon character pretty much. Doubt anyone takes what he does too seriously.

Ok, thats a good way to look at it. So, its like a modern version of the fat boys?

Those tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick beats, though. Makes my head hurt. Guess im just old

• Like 1

Plus I bought save tonight by eagle eye cherry on CD single - I have no right to moan about any music at all.

Save Tonight is a str7 BANGER though.

I also bought it on CD single.

I remember in the late 90s early 2000s there was loads of shit commercial hiphop aimed at kids being made like this Lil Pump track. It's no different now, although the production is pretty tight on this.

Save Tonight is a str7 BANGER though.

I also bought it on CD single.

I remember in the late 90s early 2000s there was loads of shit commercial hiphop aimed at kids being made like this Lil Pump track. It's no different now, although the production is pretty tight on this.

Where are the mods when you need them!?!?! I have a hard time finding songs that are less obnoxious than Save Tonight. Panda feces with Marmite are arguably better than pure Panda feces but it's still shit, no?

Sorry for the rant - off to listening to some real music now.

• Like 1

Has Hip Hop reached a new low?

Well,I think it's very much a Marmite thing with the vast majority of modern Hip Hop but for me it's essentially like a friend giving you some Marmite on toast but after you've taken a bite you find out your mate went and stuck his knob in the jar for a laugh before he made it.

• Like 2