Done a new piece..

chile

Is me only finished colour piece this year. It's called cognitive map 2 (there is no cognitive map 1 hah). Its to do with concepts that are connected in a none obvious way, at least in my head. Like suicidal ideation and the urge to go on holiday or traveling. When someones had enough one person can get suicidal while another might just move city or go traveling for a year or whatever, the underlying motivation can be very similar like a death of the previous self. Rumination I think is very closely connected with creativity even though rumination can be a fairly negative and disruptive experience and quite neurotic. Humility and competitive humility is another funny one. People competing for who is more humble than the other, its like a weird competition over who is the better person, when no one is when you think that way. Same thing with Sadness and competitive sadness, moaning about who has the most problems and trying to out do each other with who has the worst life hah.

Recently it got accepted for ferens art gallery open exhibition 2019 so im gonna try and flog the original there :) I have prints in A3 and A2 size if it catches anyone's interest - https://www.ambivalentworks.com/shop/daniel-arce-cognitive-map-2/

cognitive-map-2-aaaa-min.png

• Like 8

I can barely draw TTM, so this painting is really impressive to me!

Humility and competitive humility is another funny one. People competing for who is more humble than the other, its like a weird competition over who is the better person, when no one is when you think that way. Same thing with Sadness and competitive sadness, moaning about who has the most problems and trying to out do each other with who has the worst life hah.

This reminds me of a short story in David Foster Wallace's Oblivion (maybe 'Good Old Neon' but I don't remember it for sure). The main character regards himself as a constant fraud who's mostly concerned with the reception of his actions and not so much with the actions themselves. He also picks up Tai-Chi and fools the master how commited and absorbed he is while he actually doesn't relate to Tai-Chi at all. Bit of a tangent but it was a good read back then. :)

• Like 1