The DJ G Smooth miming debacle

Steve

It's Milli Vanilli all over again.

you know milli vanilli were put together by the same German guy who formed Boney M. A little guy called Frank Farian.

Whenever that black guy is singing in them Boney M songs it's Frank Farian himself who did the singing (not only the production).

• 1 month later...

In recent G-Smooth news, it seems that because I decided not to defend the title this year, DMC Australia let G-Smooth defend instead. He placed third last year. I've never heard of them even letting second place defend at just national level (I know they do it at Worlds). Or is it the same for the national comps? Vekked, do you know? Anyway G-Smooth came second tonight. Idee is supposedly interviewing him about the whole Redbull thing as well, which should be interesting.

• Like 2

In recent G-Smooth news, it seems that because I decided not to defend the title this year, DMC Australia let G-Smooth defend instead. He placed third last year. I've never heard of them even letting second place defend at just national level (I know they do it at Worlds). Or is it the same for the national comps? Vekked, do you know? Anyway G-Smooth came second tonight. Idee is supposedly interviewing him about the whole Redbull thing as well, which should be interesting.

I think it depends on the country, each one is slightly different with defending. 2nd has defended in Canaada before, but I can't recall 3rd defending something.

• 1 year later...

Whatever happened to this dude.

Anyone know what he's up to these days ?

He's still DJing, playing big commercial rap/ R&B nights here in Melbourne. The same year as the RedBull fiasco, he battled in the Australian DMC and came third using all vinyl. Then the following year when I didn't defend the title he ended up defending instead (for coming 3rd the year before :huh: ) but lost to a friend of mine, DJ Osyris

• Like 2