The DJ G Smooth miming debacle

Steve

I'm more interested in how you set a mixer up so it looks on but does literally nothing. Can you just pass audio straight to the master output?

the whole set is played off the sp6. he presses go once then starts his miming. there's a crowd shot video of him that starts before his performance where he level checks the sp6, but doesn't touch it for the rest of his set so it's obvious that's where the sound is coming from.

He hasn't deleted my comment yet: -

Shame you didn't perform it live at the event, then you wouldn't have got disqualified for cheating, you wouldn't have disrespected the other competitors who did perform live, and you wouldn't be repeatedly making an arse of yourself on Facebook.

• Like 2

His Facebook studio recording is real but the cuts are obviously dumbed down in places compared to the impossible ones in his original performance. I don't get why he'd mime it as it's a good party set (I don't like most of the music but his set structure is on point) and he can obviously perform it with simpler cuts

His Facebook studio recording is real but the cuts are obviously dumbed down in places compared to the impossible ones in his original performance. I don't get why he'd mime it as it's a good party set (I don't like most of the music but his set structure is on point) and he can obviously perform it with simpler cuts

I guess it's akin to athletes doping to win. He must have been tired of being Vice of every competition he's been in.

Someone should start a turntablist gossip channel on YouTube! It would be hella popular. People love the drama. I'd do it but I don't got the time and I don't know enough about the scene :( it would get bare subs fam.

• Like 1

I'm more interested in how you set a mixer up so it looks on but does literally nothing. Can you just pass audio straight to the master output?

the whole set is played off the sp6. he presses go once then starts his miming. there's a crowd shot video of him that starts before his performance where he level checks the sp6, but doesn't touch it for the rest of his set so it's obvious that's where the sound is coming from.

Pretty straight-forward then. It's much harder to cheat on REAL VINYL STRAIGHT UP BITCHES. DVS TOYZ FOR FAKE DJS.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

^ pretty much

try explaining john paul calderone to a non scratch-forum person..............

who????

remember j kutta AKA calcutta AKA free agent AKA Dan Higgs from skratchworks? nearly brought the whole site down after some mad behind the scenes beefing?

he's also known as John Paul Calderone and Rasp Haunt.

there was a whole thread about him on here warning people that he is a next level troll and not to get involved with him.

One of G Smooth's friends/fans defended the scratching in the clip I uploaded and said that he was having major issues with the record jumping and that's why the marker on the label is all over the place. He tried to imply that G Smooth was awesome for dealing with this and still being able to pull off those cuts, and he said that any real DJ should be able to spot this.

Fuck off! lol.

If the record was jumping, what was he using? The worst designed "skipless" battle record ever made.

• Like 1

at the start of the clip you uploaded, there's only maybe 2 tracks in the crate on his screen. at the same point in the rerecorded video it has at least 15 tracks in it.

has he/anyone addressed this?

surely the red bull judges got to rewatch the raw footage so no internet lag can be blamed for cuts that dont match either.....

at the start of the clip you uploaded, there's only maybe 2 tracks in the crate on his screen. at the same point in the rerecorded video it has at least 15 tracks in it.

has he/anyone addressed this?

surely the red bull judges got to rewatch the raw footage so no internet lag can be blamed for cuts that dont match either.....

Yea they addressed that. Not only that, but Thre3style has access to all the angles in full, not just the final edited one, so the decision makers got to sit down and watch angles that the public doesn't have from beginning to end. Hence why they know that his SP-6 volume was cranked when his gains were down (which means you would have a huuuge discrepancy in volume at the beginning when he uses th SP-6 and mixes into it), and they know that he wasn't hitting the hamster switch every time that he went between cutting and mixing, etc. So I don't really know what his goal is at this point. And he apparently isn't giving back the prizes/trophies/etc.

• Like 2

Vekked wasn't the first person to call him out on it, but his post certainly would have helped the whole thing go worldwide.

What I don't understand is why G Smooth would need to mine/fake the set. He's been battling for well over ten years and came third in the national DMC final last year using only vinyl.... so G Smooth's history is swell. I haven't read all the posts and replies on FB, so can someone tell me if the judges from the Australian final have made any comment?

Damn, I wouldn't have guessed that of all the contestants, the one caught cheating (miming) was someone with an actual Battle DJ'ing background / history vs say a club only DJ. I'm a bit surprised that he though he could get away with it at a event of that caliber though. I also did not know that they have that many cameras/angles filming the contestant.