New Mixer: Ecler vs Rane vs anything else

My Ecler HAK 360 has given up after 10 years which considering it was second hand isn't too bad. Have looked at repairs and diagnostics and courier will be £100 before any parts and labour. I am probably gonna sell the old one with its current fault, or keep for spares and get a new one. Approved by the wife too ha ha!

Anyway when looking at a replacement I can't see anything that looks a major improvement on the Ecler and am probably gonna get another. I have found a site that is selling the HAK 380 for £409. This seems a bargain, is there any issues with the 380 over the 360 that anyone knows of? Can't see why it is priced cheaper than the 360?

As far as Ecler go, they haven't actually gone under but liquidated their assets to merge with another co. I don't see any major issue there.

So what alternatives are there if any is the final question. To my knowledge the Ecler eternal cross fader is still as good as it gets. I'm not too fussed on any controls etc. As have a couple of dicers that provide all the functionality I need. My budget is round £500.

Cheers,

Andy

If you're used to the Eternal Fader and like it, I'd say stick with it!

There are some differences in the effects loop section - I think one HAK was post and the other pre fader or something.

In my attempt to duplicate Chile's setup, I did get the Nuo 2.0 and put the Eternal Fader into it, so if yours is still working, this might also be an option.

Yes, you can also put the Nuo 2.0 fader into the HAK. Just pay attention that you don't get the Nuo 2 - there should be a small print on the mixer that says something like 'Eternal Fader ready'. If you're fader's already shoddy, it might be better to just get the HAK from Chris though as Eternal Faders are pretty expensive..

If you're used to the Eternal Fader and like it, I'd say stick with it!

That's solid advice. If you use DVS tho it's probably worth looking at either the Traktor Kontrol Z2 or a Rane for Serato. I personally like Allen & Heath and Pioneer.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

On reflection think I will buy a new cross fader. If by chance that fixes my old mixer jobs a good un for £138 If not I will by another Ecler that is compatible with my new cross fader. Like the thought of having something a little bespoke.

£280 is good but I have found a new 380 for £409 with 3 years warranty so may as well spend the extra. Not sure if I should post the link with forum rules, but if I can then am happy to if anyone is interested.

So I bit the bullet and ordered the Z2 hopefully won't have any of the issues I have seen on line. Obviously people only tend to post with their issues as opposed to when things go well. Anyway thanks for all the help, can't wait to get back on the decks been a couple of months!

• Like 1

Yeah, they're really nice Dirk. The rest of the mixer was pretty shonky but the fader is great. Basically the same faders as in the Scratchbox.

I completely forgot that it was also used in the Rodec Scratchbox ... slipped my mind. The perfect mixer to me would be the HAK360 Layout, Infinium Fader, with Innofaders Caps

• Like 1

Yeah, they're really nice Dirk. The rest of the mixer was pretty shonky but the fader is great. Basically the same faders as in the Scratchbox.

I completely forgot that it was also used in the Rodec Scratchbox ... slipped my mind. The perfect mixer to me would be the HAK360 Layout, Infinium Fader, with Innofaders Caps

I can't help you with the layout, but I do have Infiniums all round and innofader caps on everything :d

Scottie - I've got used to them, but most mixers I've had and particularly used when I was mixing more used rotaries, so that would still be my preference. What I do love though is the EQ itself, really good sound and both boosting and reducing frequencies just sounds so natural.

Am I losing my marbles or is that Scratchbox a funny colour?

I think the inno caps are just throwing you :d