New DV collab track?

Steve

The beat is good with me. It's simple, so it has plenty of scope to be fucked around with. Who wants to go first?

I think whoever does go first, upload the finished product to YouSendIt as a wav, or use a lossless compression format so it doesn't sound like shit after 20 or so people are done with it.

dvbeat_march05_melody1.wav

i couldnt get the beat to load correcty in vegas so i used adobe audition, which i havnt used in awhile... i just felt like adding something quickly and this is a melody that i came up with. we dont have to keep it, but i think for future reference... we should do some variations with the drums/drumming... kthx.

Guest Deeswift

Problem is the crab on there might interfere with the cuts. I'd say we need plain old samples rather than samples being cut up. Maybe a subtle transform would be better.

Guest Deeswift

I vote keep it clean and simple as possible. If lots of people are gonna add something to this, it's gotta be. We need to think of some kind of structure too.

well, we can scratch my idea totally... but im gettin the feeling that alot of variations with the drums..melodies will be involved... so maybe everyone should take like 16-32 bars and just make it their own lil section to fuck with... guess the only tricky part would be working the transitions..

Guest Deeswift

That'd be a good idea. I'd rather do it this way, then we can do whatever we want but base it on the same groove, maybe? Or even use different beats and stitch it all together, as long as it flows good. That style of stitching together short sections seems a bit played out though, think Beat Junkies 1995... so maybe just keep the beat and change up the samples. There's a number of ways we can do it. 32 (at least) bars would be OK, not 16. If we gonna do it, there shouldn't be a limit on the overall time. No need. Everyone has broadband (almost), so file size shouldn't be a problem, and I think a long track would be good. Can be an hour long for all I care!

That'd be a good idea. I'd rather do it this way, then we can do whatever we want but base it on the same groove, maybe? Or even use different beats and stitch it all together, as long as it flows good. That style of stitching together short sections seems a bit played out though, think Beat Junkies 1995...

... Can be an hour long for all I care!

nice, well i wouldnt know how to start something off like that really, but the idea is fressh.

long is good... i like the idea of maybe flippin the beat up too.

how organized we trying to be about this? and who all is in on it..?

Guest Deeswift
how organized we trying to be about this? and who all is in on it..?

Doesn't need to be overly-complex or magnificently arranged, but it wouldn't be too difficult to come up with some kind of structure and basic plan if we chat about it first. No point in just slapping something together, we should actually try and work on a piece of music, otherwise it's pointless.