Numark PT01 Battery Life?

Guest rasteri

Reckon the handytrax would take a full size inno? If not a mini innofader would work with a minimal of extra components.

I came up with a circuit a few years back that uses a CMOS Analog switcher (4066) to switch the signal, with a zero-crossing detection circuit based around a D-type latch to eliminate pops and clicks.

There could be a market for circuit boards that implement a very barebones active cut circuit for DIY projects like this. Plug an audio source and any fader (PCV/inno/PXF) into it and it does all the curve control shit without any nasty popping noises.

I posted a schematic on skratchlounge but it's dead now. Shame because I can't 100% remember how it worked haha.

I take it mini-innofaders feel way better than raiden/frisk faders?

Guest Symatic

Do it rasteri! You know way more than me... Hope you manage to come up with some cool shiz...

Im tempted by the metal needle.

The inno might not fit in the skinny vestax body, but maybe in the numark.

Ultrapitch would be fucking sick... I think slowing motors down can be difficult tho right?

If you figure out ultrapitch let me know!

Playing catch up with some of these posts...

I haven't tried these D Battery Shells but they are cheap so one of you give it gooo...These battery battery shells with some

rechargeable AA Batteries might be the answer to get more battery life...Some of these battery chargers are down to 1 hour and

even less... Check it out.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Plastic-Translucent-AA-to-D-Size-Cell-Battery-Adaptor-Holder-Case-Converter-/261951423965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfd8585dd

and.....If I remember correctly those Ion Turntables are Numarks lower end brand but essentially they are using the same guts...
Check out the Crosley Turntables too, they have so many variations, not that expensive and look like they are Mod Friendly...

Playing catch up with some of these posts...

I haven't tried these D Battery Shells but they are cheap so one of you give it gooo...These battery battery shells with some

rechargeable AA Batteries might be the answer to get more battery life...Some of these battery chargers are down to 1 hour and

even less... Check it out.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Plastic-Translucent-AA-to-D-Size-Cell-Battery-Adaptor-Holder-Case-Converter-/261951423965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfd8585dd

To tell you the truth. I put in fresh 6 D batteries when I got all my portable stuff together. Literally 2 weeks. Used my PT01 on average about an hour a day for the past two weeks. Even set it up with serato this past weekend. Batteries seem fine right now. I do keep another 6 more batteries on hand just in case but it's been good. The only battery life I have to worry about is the speaker and iphone/ipad I have connnected playing the tracks.

I thought this was an issue but if you think of it, the PT01 is only really spinning the platter. Don't think it uses that much power.