Why is Z-Trip not nearly as famous as he should b?

djxander

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Z-Trip is kind of like a DJ's DJ. He is IN-famous for us at least. He is mega respected amongst us for his skills. However, you also need a face to be generally recognized by joe public.

Strange but true! ;0)

ztrip's nice... underated sometimes true... definitely a dj's dj... dope mixer too (but these days mixing aint cool no mo)...

btw liam the bootleg site wtih all his mixes was legit, and fully approved by z. Ive got it all on like 7 cds... some dope ish in there.

Guest Deeswift
i think he does alright.and anyway, who wants to be famous anyway, you just end up surrounded by cunts, look at Q-bert

Hmmm... surrounded by girls who look like models... signing titties... scratching on the beach... what a shit life!

btw liam the bootleg site wtih all his mixes was legit, and fully approved by z. Ive got it all on like 7 cds... some dope ish in there.

pwn3d!

i think he does alright.and anyway, who wants to be famous anyway, you just end up surrounded by cunts, look at Q-bert

Hmmm... surrounded by girls who look like models... signing titties... scratching on the beach... what a shit life!

werd man, you know my steez, keepin it grimey for all my homies in the fields

Z-trip is great, the most recent stuff i've seen from him is on 'The adventures of Grand master Roc Raida pt2' on one of the 'Scratch' tours, i think, anyway he was dope, and he has a new-ish track on NFL Madden 2005 (of all places), its a pity we cant see more of him though.

Someone also mentioned Q's mixes, havent you heard demolitionpumpkinsqueezmusik? possibly one of the best mix tapes around.

I have some of Z Trips shit, im totally undecided on him. He seems to play uber commercial shit next to some classics sometime and I dont know somethings just dont fit imo. I jus hmmm I dont know I cant decide whether I like him or not...

As for the hip hop thing yes hip hop is fucking shit right now, it is LOST. Im only liking People Under the Stairs right now, the industry is being flooded with wanabe gangsta pricks.

Ok thanks will do. Ive been searching for good new hip hop for ages and I cant find any. So ive just been listening to jazz/downtempo/rock and stuff and all my old hip hop classics.

god this is tooooo easy,

he's not famous b/c he doesn't have a shit messageboard where he voices his disdain for all those making music except himself...

If he'd only remind us weekly of the sad state of music and everthing he does is gold. He also needs to berate everyone that has an oppinion (even if it's the same as his), needs silly alias's kissing his ass, and last but not least needs to remind himself by telling us that noone "gets" his music b/c it's all over our heads...

that'd get him "famous", seems to work for other people..

• 4 weeks later...

From the man himself: -

OK...

IT'S ON AGAIN!

Alright, so there you have it...

Please do me a favor though and don't post up "live in LA" until I give the OK.

And (to everybody who doesn't already know...) please go out and buy my album "Shifting Gears" when it comes out in april, OK?

OH... and DON'T post it up on the internet after you do...

And lastly... since you are downloading this stuff for free... try and make it out to a show and cop a t-shirt or something to help balance it all out, cool?

OK... there it is.

Enjoy!

BTW-Thanks to all you folks for giving enough of a shit to create "another" place for my music to be heard.

And thanks to the Hurley's for kicking it off back in the day!

Peace,

Z

Why isn't he that famous??

Hmmm hard question as he has been around for some time and put out some very nice mixes.....

I dunno, i'm guessing he's alot more famous stateside than he is in Europe. Maybe because he doesn't get around that much?