ROUND 1 VIDEOS!

Steve

We've had more entries than last year, so rather than embedding a ton of videos into this thread, here's a playlist of them all: -

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCExVsfzE-LSwbbqw4Sh9CnT3Ey9Ccb5I

The videos are listed in the order they were received. If you're a competitor, you can now set your videos to "public" and post them (and this playlist) up wherever you like.

Also, remember that every competitor is also a judge in round 1, so check the round 1 judging thread for details on how to submit your top 8.

Feel free to post comments about the videos in this thread if you like.

Here's the full list of competitors: -

DJ Tags

DJ Ju-E

NAHC

DJ Readi

FreezC

KingTragic

DJ Autoflow

DJ Jeff

DJ Jel

DJ Watzz

Funkmeista

ChrisGroove

Backtrack

Christof Scratch

Thatkidnamedcee

DJ Biox

DJ Dopez

DeeJay Random

DJ Help

Tonyphonik

Celsius

DJ Shakedown

DJ Select

Mr. Krabs

DirtyFingaaz

Slam

DJ Mazelo

DJ Hypnotize

DJ El-Zink

DJ Kikz

DJ Stone

Rasteri

DJ Laikilla

Motek

Marvel

DJ Conflict

Mister Dust

chRis B

Broke

DJ Zodiak3000

DJ Crazz

Stingray

Tieno

Yoshi

DJ JesusKut

Bigboy

DJ Itchi

DJ Electrofood CH

Mighty Atom

URSO

DJ P-Nuts

Fanchi Stile

DJ SolidRocketBooster

DJ Bullfrog

Abstract Fish

YulDj

Symatic

DJ Noize D

DJ Monkey-Hands

METRONIK

DJ Chell

Elbyne

AkikoLUV

Jimmy Penguin

Redmist

KrucialKutz

Kutclass

DJ VaZee

CHINMACHINE

Chmielix

DJ Endless

Lowkey

DJ Dubba Dutch

Dielekt

mfsop

SHUBIN

ericuk

Fso

Best of luck to everyone! :)

• Like 5

Haha, you were the last one to submit, pretty much dead on 11. I initially missed Fso's entry as the email was dumped in my spam folder.

I only had to turn down 1 guy for submitting late. He submitted nearly 2 hours after the deadline.

Less than 24 hours and votes are already coming in :-( you'd hope people would watch the vids more than once and show a little bit of integrity/attention to the marking criteria...thank God this isn't a popularity contest and voting for your mate only makes you look like a goon as public vote doesn't really count.

I guess some people approach it in different ways. I know if I was judging, I would have to gradually filter it down and down by watching the videos over and over, but then perhaps some people haven't had to work today and have had the time to do that.

Remember though folks, you have until October 6th so there's no rush!

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention - Fakser got in touch with me a couple of days to apologise for not defending his title, but he's busy studying at the moment and didn't want to commit himself to something that might take up a bunch of his time.

Guys,

with so many entries maybe you should consider adding an extra round and go for Top 16 on the 6th October.

I've checked the videos and def there are more than 16 capable of progressing to first round.

I guess that nobody really expected that many entries...

• Like 1

I guess that nobody really expected that many entries...

Yeah, that's it man. I'm not going to change anything about the format now that it's underway, but next year we will definitely revise the format a little so it's more suitable for larger numbers of competitors.

I expected about 40 entries on the low end and 60 being optimistic, but when I saw how many people were sharing the info and talking about it on Facebook I had a feeling we'd get 70+, but by then it was too late to change anything.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...