ROUND 1 JUDGING THREAD (COMPETITORS & JUDGES ONLY)

Steve

When you vote for your top 8, please let me know what your own DJ name is (the one you used in the battle), if it's not obvious from your DV name or the name you use for your email account. In most cases it's clear, but I've received a couple of top 8 votes from people who are using names that aren't their DJ names.

Also, make sure that the names you list in your top 8 are the same names that the DJs used for their entries. I've had 2 top 8s sent to me that contain names of DJs that aren't even in the competition, lol.

Thanks folks!

All the votes in this thread so far have been added. It's just a couple of votes I've received via email that I'm confused about.

EDIT - Oh yeah, once I've entered your top 8 into my massive spreadsheet, that's it. They won't get changed, so if you come back to DV and edit your post and change your top 8, your votes won't be changed. I'm not repeatedly looking back over already submitted top 8s to see if they've changed, so be sure of your choices before you submit them please!

EDIT - Oh yeah, once I've entered your top 8 into my massive spreadsheet, that's it. They won't get changed, so if you come back to DV and edit your post and change your top 8, your votes won't be changed. I'm not repeatedly looking back over already submitted top 8s to see if they've changed, so be sure of your choices before you submit them please!

Sorry Steve, I spelt one of the Dj's names wrong so amended it, that's all!!! :)

Tags

Edited by djtags

1 - Chmielix - funkiest shit ever from my brother from another mother :)
2 - Jesuskut - good work comrade! See you in a few weeks.
3 - ELECTROFOOD - THIS GUY,THIS GUY ........ VERY HOT ACTION ON LIVE BATTLES I N MOSCOW !!!! + HOT ELIMINATION VIDEO ;]
4 - DOPEZ - this guy is growing very fast ! PROOOPS MAN.
5 - JIMMY PINGUIN - HELLA DOPE JIMMY !
6 - SYMATIC - funky funky funky
7 - REDMIST - cool m8 ;)
8 - MARVEL - verrrryyy gooooood !

====
Big ups from Russia ! Turntablism WORLDWIDE ! PEACE ! LOVE !
Dope battle,cant wait to see the MATCH UPS :)
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !

• Like 5

1 - Chinmachine - Killer!

2 - Chmielix - Technique and flow together, too much style, amazing!

3 - Select - Nice musicality! Ju-ju-just like that

4 - Dirtyfingaaz - Really clean cuts

5 - Itchi - Dope cuts and nice flow

6 - AkikoLUV - Ambidextrous scratch, damn! great!

7 - Electrofood CH - Crazy left hand!

8 - JesusKut - Awesome fast cuts!

There are so many other djs I like... :unsure: So hard to pick this top8 since the level of this DV battle is high.

I have tried to do my best to give my votes. Big Up to DV for organising it! Cheers from Italy and good luck to everyone :)

• Like 1

Greetings y'all!

My choice:

1. Chinmachine

2. Chiemelix

3. Electrofood

4. Biox

5. Itchi

6. Vazee

7. Mr. Krabs

8. Chell

Shouts to Steve for organising this, really impressive stuff!

Salutes also to all competitors, definitely a tough choice for everyone!

• Like 1

Big thanks to everyone that's voted so far!

4 of the 5 judges have voted already, and the 5th will be getting his picks to me tomorrow. I'm not going to say anything about the top 8, other than there are a bunch of DJs hovering around the 7 and 8 spots, so the top 8 isn't set in stone just yet!

#1 CHINMACHINE

#2 CHMIELIX

#3 JIMMY PENGUIN

#4 REDMIST

#5 BIOX

#6 JESUSKUT

#7 SYMATIC

#8 MARVEL

A lot of great videos..

Will be looking out for all that i have seen in the future,madstyles.

Well done everyone.

Edited by itchi
  • Like 1

I see a lot of top 8's that have really basic cuts in them (I am in that category, nothing but flares, took my first recorded take 1 hour before entry and uploaded it) Lots of transformers or glorified transformers, even though they sound good the most basic cut can't win when it's 70% technical, right?

Very interesting results. I learned a lot of what people see as technical skratching now, times have changed for sure, lots more closed fader cuts. Good luck to the top 8, I know I won't be in the next round, you guys are WAY too good! Next year I will make sure to not sandbag my first round and give it all, record a clean take, not just the first one.

Thanks for the competition!

1. Marvel
2. Celsius
3. Tieno
4. Chell
5. Dopez

6. Select
7. Shakedown

8. P-Nuts

• Like 1