SSS @ Meeting of Styles 4th - 6th July

kut_class

Super Scratch Sunday has been asked to host open deck sessions at Meeting of Styles - based in Shoreditch !!!! Its all a bit short notice , but there's already a UK DMC champ confirmed :-) I've setup a face book group which pretty much has the same details below. I'll be checking everywhere i'm posting (well thats just here and FB , and maybe that other scratching site :-p ). It would be great if as many people can make could come at some point over the weekend !

FB group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435869230013871/

Details :

From Fri 4th July to Sunday 6th July , Meeting of styles will be showcasing the best of graff, mc'ing, breakdancing,beatboxing and scratching - where SSS will get to rep the scratching !!!

Meeting of Styles Event : https://www.facebook.com/events/784962328213776/?fref=ts

HOWEVER Superscratchsunday is just guys organising locations for scratch session - THERE IS NO Super Scratch Sunday if no one is scratching.

So we would thoroughly love it if we could get as many scratchers/tablists to come along, do what we normally do, in a fun and no pressure environment, and rep yourself and scratching !

Saturday 5th July : 12pm - 6pm, We have the main area. Between these times there will be 30min QnA sessions. I will confirm exact times and locations next week.

Sunday 6th July : 6pm - 11pm We are at Rockwell House rooftop ! A beautiful rooftop venue in the centre of the city, with a sound system, bar and chill out spots. Its going down like a normal SSS - open decks for us to QnA and spots for showcasing / dj'ing if you hit me up on PM ...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE FREE and which day(s) you want to attend. For Saturday's we wanna make sure you know time when you can QnA. For the Sunday sessions i will need to provide a list of names for the guest list.

Should be a wicked weekend .. get to meet some insanely talented people and have a cut with a friendly bunch of scratchers !

X X

Just to re-iterate what Kutclass has said, all you Londoners who've said SSS sounds interesting but why don't we do more in London - here's your chance!

Also, with the short notice and with it being the week after SSS21, some of the regulars can't make it and we need a strong showing from the UK scratch scene so the other elements don't make us look bad ;)

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Can't make it as I'm flying to Korea on Sunday!

Nice one, dude! Bon voyage, Doobist, hope you a fucking fantastic time. Don't forget to dance around naked in the DMZ shouting "Both Korea's are stupid ruddy idiots"

yo big up everyone yesterday at Whitstable SSS who i had a chance to talk to about this ! For those that were down or need to do some juggling (no pun), don't forget to hit me up as a definite so i make sure your on whatever lists there might be !

Update: I'm really gonna try to come to both but i'd have to leave hella early on Sunday cos of work Monday and travelling back, natch, and depends whether i can stay at my sisters. I might try and get Monday morning off, though i'm on holiday in a couple of weeks so they might not buy it. Put me and Ed down for both and we'll try our upmost.

Try and come Jimmy, it'd be nice to see you and it'd be like the originating Jesus-type coming back.

Well what a weekend !!! Massive thanks to everyone that made it down for the day ! There tons of great graf and some amazing beat boxing. For me and Paul DubbaDutch It was like a scratch endurance race starting Friday night and ending Sunday evening. Lots of smiles, electrical failure (for one day) and insanely dope improvised moments. Yoshi joined us both days, Sqratchsac Spencer and Pnuts came all day Sunday and Eric, Russ and Mattman came in the evening. Quite a few enthusiastic scratchers along the way too. I know Paul grabbed some good footage from the weekend that will get shared at some point.

The big wall ....

Pnuts and Sqratchsac Spencer

The back of Paul's head

Nice! Looks sweet.

Soz for not making it, but my body was flatlining from being super knackered from getting about 3/4 hours sleep a night and being full of terrible pain for two and a half weeks and woke up at about half 12 on Saturday, so was all "It's gonna take 3hours to get ready and get there and it'll be over", ergo i pupped it. .

I felt very guilty, but well rested.