please help: Kickstarter for Skipless Vinyl!

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

sup

Darcy D has started a kickstarter for a skip proof ultrapitch scratch vinyl

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/357444513/skipless-scratch-record-13333-bpm-ultrapitch

I'm doing most of the sounds, and we've put in about half of the cash ourselves, we're hoping to raise the rest through kickstarter before thursday May 15th.

basically its a pre order thing, if you donate £12, thats your copy pre ordered, we'll press it up then ship em out! we'll have to sort the shipping costs when it actually goes out.

we're doing this via leighton, the man behind the excellent Man O'War record, so you know it will be nice quality!

so yeah please tell your friends!

if you have any of my exiting digital scratch records then you know what style it will be: lots of vocal cuts arranged for 133.33 bpm skipless.

depending on how people feedback, the second side will either be more samples at 133 bpm, or the same samples reconfigured for 99 bpm (like scratch science)

thanks!

• Like 1

Who do you think you are!? Q-Bert???

Edit--a sample of some of the audio would be nice. Also do you ship to the States and how much? Hopefully free... the exchange rate already makes it pretty steep.

Guest Symatic

we'll ship anywhere man but will have to charge whatever it costs on a person to person basis. however both darcy and I are due to go over the atlantic at some point in the coming months so will be bringing a bunch with us, so shipping will be cheaper then. audio gonna be ready soon!

Can I send you some cash via paypal? I don't have a credit card but I'd like to support that thing (owning it would be nice, too).

If you decide to put on a second side with normal pitch for 1200's, I might just get a second one for a friend.

Guest Symatic

Ha it will be black, but if we get enough interest maybe we can do some specials further down the line.

Its getting the stampers that costs loads, repressing will be quicker and easier if we need to do it

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Can I send you some cash via paypal? I don't have a credit card but I'd like to support that thing (owning it would be nice, too).

If you decide to put on a second side with normal pitch for 1200's, I might just get a second one for a friend.

I think the second side will be technics friendly, i still like cutting on techs and i dont wanna shun half the community!

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Oh and paypal is ok, its easier if you do it straight to kickstarter ( the cash doesnt cone out unless we hit our target) but if you do paypal just label it clearly and ill pass it on to the kickstarter. But please try to do it before the deadline so i have tine to move it all round! Cheers

sup

Darcy D has started a kickstarter for a skip proof ultrapitch scratch vinyl

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/357444513/skipless-scratch-record-13333-bpm-ultrapitch

I'm doing most of the sounds, and we've put in about half of the cash ourselves, we're hoping to raise the rest through kickstarter before thursday May 15th.

basically its a pre order thing, if you donate £12, thats your copy pre ordered, we'll press it up then ship em out! we'll have to sort the shipping costs when it actually goes out.

we're doing this via leighton, the man behind the excellent Man O'War record, so you know it will be nice quality!

so yeah please tell your friends!

if you have any of my exiting digital scratch records then you know what style it will be: lots of vocal cuts arranged for 133.33 bpm skipless.

depending on how people feedback, the second side will either be more samples at 133 bpm, or the same samples reconfigured for 99 bpm (like scratch science)

thanks!

I'm in. I vote for 99 bpm.

Q; Why did the scratch record not give any light, fizzably-meltable prawn-cocktail flavour snacks to the other scratch record?

A: Because it was

SKIPLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Like 3

Guest Symatic

nice one for the support dudes! we're half way there!

from this feed back its definately gonna have a technics friendly side and i'll try my best to keep both sides usable by both normal and ultrapith users

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

na you'd get some stickers too man!

actually if you put in that much we'd probably work out some sort of percentage deal...

na you'd get some stickers too man!

actually if you put in that much we'd probably work out some sort of percentage deal...

I probably won't kick in £300 but was curious. Kickstarter seems a bit odd like that to me. It's not a proper investment with profit sharing, and you can actually donate more that you'd get back in tangible goods or investment - so then it looks more like charity. I did see some special VIP BJ options for some other things. Seems like you are getting close to the amount needed already. I'll chuck a few squid in the pot.

Is it possible to make money on vinyl for these kind of things? What's the break-even number (excluding the hours of work you put in to get it going). 100 direct sales at £12? I remember people making niche electronic music not get much more than a couple of hundred downloads on a single - and there you have significantly fewer upfront costs.