Qbert's new LPs - Extraterrestria & Galaxxxian

Steve

Extraterrestria is basically the sequel to Wave Twisters. Galaxxxian is a compilation of tracks he's done with MCs, where he does the cuts on the tracks - I don't know if it features all new tracks, or whether it's a compilation of older stuff (or a mix of both).

He's doing pre-orders via Kickstarter: -

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thudrumble/dj-qbert-extraterrestria-new-album-pre-order

I think I'll just pick up the Vinyl when it comes out. I'm not really interested in any of the perks on the kick starter... You think there is some crazy millionaire or stalker that is going to donate 10,000 grand for a skype cut session with QBert, associate producer credit, and all the album swag? Even the 5,00 grand to go to his house and cut seems outrageous and a little creepy

Edited by Nies One
  • Like 1

I think I'll just pick up the Vinyl when it comes out. I'm not really interested in any of the perks on the kick starter... You think there is some crazy millionaire or stalker that is going to donate 10,000 grand for a skype cut session with QBert, associate producer credit, and all the album swag? Even the 5,00 grand to go to his house and cut seems outrageous and a little creepy

I always figure the people paying those amounts on Kickstarters are some rich kid from Dubai or somewhere.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I'd say you were on the money with that assessment. Sy said his Bristolian chum, sss attendant and all round good egg Pete got to give a few hours djing lessons to some Sheik's son for £1000. If they're willing to pay some guy that sort rubs then they'd willingly pay Q skillions.

For 5 grand they should be able to go to Q's house and molest him or menace him with a honey badger or summink AND have scratch lessons.

FYI, i'm running a kickstarter to pay my mortgage even though it's fully paid off. Contribute here: www.i'mlyingforthebasisofaweakjokeandforthelulzplsthnxmatei'msorry.co.u.k

All jokes aside i am running a kickstarter to get the money together to start a kickstarter. Contribute here: www.i'msorryforcontinuingthesejokesbasedaroundaweakpremise.co.tv

• Like 3

Ah yes, I saw this Kickstarter. It's one where we give him $100,000 to record two albums he's already recorded.

Not quite as shit as Spike Lee asking for millions to make a movie nobody wants or Crane begging for cash to make another Crane stand, but still.

I think it's a good way to go personally.

My only issue with this is Qbert saying things like "all music should be free" on Twitter, which he did just last week. If he's making his new LP a free download, that's fine, but is that going to happen? Don't be some "imagine there's no possessions" hippy when you're talking to people if you're going to try and milk them for all they're worth when it comes to the business side of music. You can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

Ah yes, I saw this Kickstarter. It's one where we give him $100,000 to record two albums he's already recorded.

Not quite as shit as Spike Lee asking for millions to make a movie nobody wants or Crane begging for cash to make another Crane stand, but still.

My only issue with this is Qbert saying things like "all music should be free" on Twitter, which he did just last week. If he's making his new LP a free download, that's fine, but is that going to happen? Don't be some "imagine there's no possessions" hippy when you're talking to people if you're going to try and milk them for all they're worth when it comes to the business side of music. You can't have it both ways.

This whole esotherik gibberish of him is really funny. Butterrugs anyone (design stolen from DJ Gutter)? Music should be free? D-Styles even forced them to take off his "war-fade-drum"-part on the Scratchcon-DVD, which says a lot.

I will buy it nonetheless. But I'd be a happier buyer, if he would left all that karma-talk aside and act like an normal money-earning adult. But I guess this facade is mandatory when dealing the way they do...

• Like 1

Yeah Arkei, I'm also definitely not into his pseudo-zen life coach bullshit. Especially not when he's preaching with one hand and taking with the other. From what I've read, including Q's own words, we've got Yogafrog to thank for that influence.

Personally, I reckon their both Landmark members. Or something very similar if not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmark_Forum

Sounds very scientology-like that landmark-stuff. Anyways Karma can be a bitch. Let's hope for Yoga's sake, that they don't get treated the same way, they treated others. But anyways...it must be hard maintaining all that semi-true stuff and whatever in order to keep happy old and new customers. If that "I do only good stuff and should only get good stuff in return"-lie keeps a maximum happy...then good for them

• Like 1

I have an original Wave Twisters tape!

Hook me up!

So you don't have it all or do you want the cassette feeling?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIYdRodxf5E

I listen to cassettes in the car and at home. I like how tapes force you to listen to a whole album.

That's pretty much always the case tho, isn't it? Seems like anything in life there's always someone that is vocal about an issue but thinks their own solution should apply to them (of course).

Why cant these feckers put out a proper release or like most people, do pre orders if they are struggling to fund. I think theyre stratergy massively cheapens the brand anyway. All I want is the new scratch album on vinyl and u have to buy a ton of other shit too. Btw Does anyone understand the puzzle idea ?

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Blade put these kickstarter skanking mo' fo' to shame in the early 90's with his non-skanking fund raising efforts. He was an o.g. in those respects.

• Like 1

damn it ! i caved in and went for the $50 record ... i was seriously tempted by the puzzle peice - they are limted to 200 and i reckon the price will instantly go up.

• Like 1

That's pretty much always the case tho, isn't it? Seems like anything in life there's always someone that is vocal about an issue but thinks their own solution should apply to them (of course).

I assume you mean "shouldn't", but yeah, you're right.

• Like 1