Scratch Jam for IDA UK @DJWORX

Gizmo

Sunday 24th November, 1-5pm at the DJWORX studio, Keighley, W. Yorks. 5 minutes walk from the train station but plenty of free parking too.

This is a pre-final bash for the IDA UK and Ireland crew, and already has Woody and Rasp confirmed to attend, with others waiting to confirm.

Lots of gear to play with including 4-5 full setups, plus the Rane Sixty Four, Reloop RP8000 turntables and the Numark NS7II amongst others.

Free food, drink (non-alcoholic) and DJWORX swag. It's all be filmed and will form the very first DJWORX Session.

STRICTLY LIMITED NUMBERS. If your name's not down, you're not coming in.

If you want to come come, email contact@djworx.com.

• Like 1

It's my studio, full of my stuff. It's not becoming a piss-up.

Every couple of months I open my place up to the unruly scratch masses and I must say that once you get past their unkemp appearance they've all been a lovely bunch of chaps. Clean, tidy and very respectful.

Maybe I could relax this rule if this is the case then. If it helps their flow then who am I to stifle creativity?

It's my studio, full of my stuff. It's not becoming a piss-up.

Every couple of months I open my place up to the unruly scratch masses and I must say that once you get past their unkemp appearance they've all been a lovely bunch of chaps. Clean, tidy and very respectful.

Maybe I could relax this rule if this is the case then. If it helps their flow then who am I to stifle creativity?

In my experience, all everybody wants to do is scratch... as long as you've made you peace with the Ahhh sound, it'll be great. Actually, better than great - hanging out and cutting with other like-minded DJs has definitely been one of the best things I've ever done.

• Like 1

awww man i'm sooo tempted ....

Cons - Leeds is a long way from South London, i dunno if i can handle there and back on the same day

Pros - scratchy time, scratchy gear, could stay overnight make a weekend of it and I got the next week off work coincidently :-)

Eric i'll travel up with you ..

Guest petesasqwax

need to get confirmation from the currently sleeping wife that i'm not supposed to be doing something else I don't already know about (the frequency at which this occurs is staggering), but would definitely be up for coming please mate. In all honesty, I can't see any reason why I wouldn't be free - there's no child-related prior engagements I'm pretty sure and I'm taxiing everyone to and from "Disney On Ice" in sheffield the night before so my karma points should be nigh on overflowing

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

hehe - I have no intention of slapping you, mate! can't believe for all the years we've known one another, this will be the first time I've met you in person. the internet is a fucking strange thing