Scratch Jam for IDA UK @DJWORX

Gizmo

Food will be provided courtesy of the local sandwich van and will be ordered around 1.30ish (think bacon sarnies). Cola and bottled water will be supplied, but if you could bring your own beer and stuff, that would be very helpful.

I'll be sending out directions tomorrow. You'll all meeting in a disused warehouse, be hooded and then put on a bus to the secret underground lair.

Guest petesasqwax

I'll bring vinyl and can bring 1 each of slip mats and head shells/needles if that's of use. I could bring my mixer easily enough but, in keeping with the mono deck style, only one channel phono input works. Also there is a headphone adapter snapped in the headphone socket... OK, yes, its a bit busted, but I love my trusty 05

I'm sorted for mixers:

Rodec Scratchbox

Pioneer DJM-T1

Traktor Kontrol Z2

Rane Sixty Four

Vestax 05 Pro Red

Vestax 06 Samurai

Vestax 05 Pro IV

...and a Gemini Jazzy Jeff mixer if anyone fancies a go.

I've also got a Vestax vinyl cutter but no idea how to use it.

Guest petesasqwax

Just being in close proximity to a vestax vinyl cutter is pretty damn sick! I'm sure I could find somebody I know who could help with how it works if you want me to enquire. In fact, I bet there are people on SL who would know. Jon Tenshun has a lathe, ffs - who knows what kind of things people have

I've got a request for all the soft southern shandies who can't make it and are already looking forward to the footage...

If it's at all possible in any way, can there be a direct audio feed from the master mixer to the video camera?

It makes the videos so, so much better - not just for the lack of fader clicks and ambient echo, but because it instantly cuts out all the background chatter from everyone who's jawing away out of shot.

Guest petesasqwax

if I come down to your gaff and we have a wax off, would that make it a... local Derby?

(I'm so very sorry for that joke. I'm a dad - I genuinely can't help it...)

• Like 1