stems

amatic

Beatport regularly has remix competitions. I've not found anything like remixcomps as they tend to pool all current comps from blogs some of the big genre forums hold regular comps too. Guess sound cloud is the place for archive stuff. nothing wrong with any genre stem's because that can be the point of the remix, flip em into what you want

Yeah, when I want to remix a track I sit down with the 3 instruments I can play (harpsichord, triangle and bagpipes, in case you're wondering) and I work out all the parts of the song and replay them all myself into my tape recorder. Anything else would just be cheating IMHO, people who can't recreate a squeaky trap lead on the bagpipes are just lazy mofo button pushers who want the whole world for free.

Jimmy stems are used to do remixes. How can you remix a track if you don't have some of the original stems? You can't.

i know you mong. But in the OG, at no point are remixes mentioned.

and the fact he's only scouring soundcloud (for gash genres such as "glitch hop/hip hop/trap") made me jump to the conclusion this isnt someone who is serious about production, and so would look for ways to cut corners.

im also incredible bored at work and fancied being picky.

p3kk0r: you strike me as a deeply insecure person.

Because I call out people for saying absurd stuff in a completely reasonable thread that yielded information that I found valuable? Is that more or less insecure than when you once PMed me this:

"If you ever come to London - and this is a fucking promise - I'd love to meet you to tell you face to face what a complete and utter prick you are.

Go and fuck yourself."

..?

P.s. I've been to London twice since that PM.

dopp mass PMed that to everyone on the site, Vekked.

LOLLL

It's a shame you didn't meet coz I reckon you'd prob get along. Neither of you are the same in real life as you are online (ie assholes).

Probs true, being a keyboard warrior is a lot tougher in real life.