DMC 2013 results

Steve

Ritchie Ruftone has taken the Supremacy win. Vekked was the runner up. A DV 1 and 2 is always good to see. Let's hope it's a similar story in the main comp.

The Big Payback

Well done everyone

• Like 1

Just got back, jon came 3rd. Fly set didn't really hit the spot for me and his Jesus pose at the end was bent.

Ritchie's juggles and cuts were super clean and tight. Vekked definetly most technical juggles overall, mad patterns. Favourite part of the night was watching the dmc tech support guy literally sprint across stage to stop vekked from trying to smash his vinyl over a 1210 at the end of the supremacy

• Like 4

Yeah, i had to stop my set half way because some DJ who'd used the same setup as me before had cellotaped up the on off screswitches on the decks i was using. I've never encountered that before so didn't even consider looking to check. I use the on/off on my right deck in my routine and when i came to that part of my set i stopped because i would have had to freestyle a bit and i lost my placing. I'm furious about it as it cost me places but I'm still very happy with 3rd considering what happened. Up until then it was the best i'd ever done the set imo.

oh man...

what a shit thing to happen.

in the european itf in 2005 R. Ash was finished his set next to where i was. and he put one of my records in his bag. and when i came to the switching records part, i was like, where the fuck did my record go...

still though well done man.

and major congrats to ritchie and vekked too.

what was flys set like? did he use the artie shaw thing from his recent video?

i bet i'm not a fan of it whatever it is...

Yeah, i had to stop my set half way because some DJ who'd used the same setup as me before had cellotaped up the on off screswitches on the decks i was using. I've never encountered that before so didn't even consider looking to check. I use the on/off on my right deck in my routine and when i came to that part of my set i stopped because i would have had to freestyle a bit and i lost my placing. I'm furious about it as it cost me places but I'm still very happy with 3rd considering what happened. Up until then it was the best i'd ever done the set imo.

Argh! So you were allowed to re-start because it was their equipment, or did you have to pause, take the tape off and resume?

Still, well done man.

Congrats to Jon for placing, that's a bit shit about the sellotape ... I'm sure you'll develop an OCD habit checking the setups before you start after this experience.

• Like 1

Thx mates. Despite the result I think I performed a lot better this year, felt good on stage and not too many glaring mistakes. Looking forward to the video, if it's remotely debatable you'll be able to find it on youtube under the name "biggest robbery in DJ battle history".

WORLD FINAL 2013 JUDGES' RESULTS

Cash Money - DMC World Champion 1988 & DMC Legend1. Ritchie Ruftone2. DJ Fly3. Jon 1st
Mr. Switch- DMC World Battle Champion 2010/2009/20081. DJ Fly2. Ritchie Ruftone3. DJ Esquire
Mr. Viktor - DMC World Team Champion 20131. DJ Fly2. Vekked3. Jon 1st
Mr. Thing - DMC World Team Champion 19991. Ritchie Ruftone2. Jon 1st3. DJ Fly
Netik - DMC World Champion 2006 & DMC World Battle Champion 2001 and 20021. Vekked2. DJ Fly3. Jon 1st 
Chris Karns - DMC World Champion 20111. Ritchie Ruftone2. DJ Fly3. Esquire
DJ Woody - Champion1. Ritchie Ruftone2. Jon 1st3. DJ Fly
A-Kut - DMC Switzerland Champion 2013/20121. DJ Fly2. Jon 1st3. Ritchie Ruftone
KCL - DMC Denmark Champion 20131. DJ Fly2. Vekked3. Ritchie Ruftone1st DMC Champion - DJ Fly - 20 points2nd Ritchie Ruftone - 16 points3rd Jon 1st - 9 points4th DJ Vekked - 7 points5th DJ Esquire - 2 points