MONITORS ARE HISSING HELP!

TyraFromSaigon

i'm using my pc laptop for fruity loops, i plugged my audio interface into the laptop and the xlrs are going through my dj mixer that connects to my monitors, i've tried to reconfigure everything but everytime i plug the autio interface into the usb port of the laptop OR everytime i plug in the rca jacks that connect from the mixer into the laptop the speakers make this really LOUD hissing noise and it wont stop. does anyone know how to fix this? please let me know thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Desperate.

it could be due to the earthing. make sure the equipment is earthed correctly (decks mixer etc) maybe even taking an earthing point from mixer to the pc case (although the xlr cables should be earthing this)

check the pc setting as well and read the troubleshooting in the souncard manual if poss

thank you for being so prompt you guys are the best seriously.

its my pioneer 707/and tascam us 122 audio interface, stock sound card in the laptop i figured out the problem, its a peice of SHITE sound card coz i just plugged the cords into my ibook and theres no hissing at all. thank you guys. i'll just have to buy a new sound card, shitty theres nothing like fruity loops made for mac haha seems to be the only program i know how to use........... :s

Tyra

well im happy with both my ibook and tascam interface you should get it home...... yeah i know fruity sucks ass but its so damn hard for me to learn cubase, i knew some basics like a year ago with PC but now i forgot it all i have it in my mac too, same with ableton live and digital performer but cant use any :(

Thanks again guys and yes FROOTY FOR LIFE BABY! *high five to KENNY*

Tyra

you can get the cubase manual from the website (but you need to registar the product) if you really want it i can see if ive got it on my pc at home and i'll upload it 4 ya