Serato Crash Issue

Blak Randy

Hello men.

I have an SL1 box and I use it to DJ out every now and then with a 13 inch macbook pro. I put the Serato software on the mac a couple of years ago and never updated it or anything like that. I'm a technophobe so I know nothing like that or whatever.

Anyway, the last 3 or 4 times I have DJ'd out my serato has Crashed. Just once each time about an hour or 2 into my set. I will go to put a new track onto either side, it freezes for a few seconds then closes. I get some error message then have to open it up again. luckily it has only happened once each gig.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be? Do I need to update software or something?

Cheers DV folks.

The first thing I would try is updating the software. It could be that even though you haven't updated the Serato software, you've either installed/updated something else (including the Macbook's OS itself) that is causing the issue and it may well be a known issue that has already been fixed in a more recent version of the software.

Adam, I have SL2 juist sitting in my room all packed up, i can sell it to you for cheap if you like?

What's better about it man? I have no turntables set up at home and dj like once every couple of months. SL1 works fine for me. I literally use it like 7 or 8 times a year. Is there any benefit to SL2? I only use serato to mimic decks. No effects or anything.

Right, here is a retarded question men. How do I update Serato without loosing my crates n stuff?

Thanks

theres probly no need then mate. the box is smaller and i think some of the internals have been updated but if your SL1 box still works then I'm guessing you just need to update the software.

Thats something i've not done tho, so I'm not sure if it'd fucked your crates up, you'd hope not tho, eh?!