Has There Ever Been a Truly Great Double Album?

Blak Randy

I've never really liked quadrophenia but people often talk about it being the best double album. Also bitches brew.

EDIT: And The Wall, but I think it's massively overrated too.

Edited by rasteri

Steve, Although SINTKOL is for the most part great and has some outstanding stuff I would never listen to the full album start to finish. There is still plenty of meh for me. I also fucking hate the song Another Star. it just fucking goes on and on and on and on. In reality it isn't even that long but it feels like for ever.

I gotta agree, I really do like that album and count it as one of the great pop albums, but I could easily lose enough tracks to make an even tighter single album.

As for Another Star, I think Stevie was just pre-empting house music. I actually quite like that track but I do think of it as about 8 mins long.

I also fucking hate the song Another Star. it just fucking goes on and on and on and on. In reality it isn't even that long but it feels like for ever.

Haha, I like that song, but it is quite long! 8:08. It's the largely instrumental second half that drags a bit IMO.

I also fucking hate the song Another Star. it just fucking goes on and on and on and on. In reality it isn't even that long but it feels like for ever.

Haha, I like that song, but it is quite long! 8:08. It's the largely instrumental second half that drags a bit IMO.

Laaaa la la la laaaa la la lalala. it does my nut in. haha.

• Like 1

War of the Worlds.

Slayer - Decade of Aggression LIVE (best live album ever...) (although do live albums count? if so add Live After Death by Maiden too...)

My aswell mention Wu Tang forever,although yes, it probably would have made a better normal album. but i do like it...

Also i just don't see Piper at the gates as good as the Atom Heart onwards period Floyd... i prefer 70-77 floyd. like piper is good obviously but i think they found/defined themselves later than that.

Laaaa la la la laaaa la la lalala. it does my nut in. haha.

The intro to Isn't She Lovely drags a little on the album version too