What are your "must have" features of a mixer?

Steve

Full kill EQs (Pretty much number one is the CF is smooth and sharp).

3.5mm headphone out.

That's pretty much it as everything else is pretty standard (Booth/Aux Out/In and whatnot).

Currently using a Kontrol Z2 for reference.

Guest Symatic

I also preferred the way you could mix master/cue signals on the technics battle mixer, so you could have the beat playing in the headphones, and when you faded it out yu could still have it in the headphones, whilst hearing post fader cuts on your scratching side. Was good for dropping the beat out for impossible lengths of time

apart from a sick cross fader.. long lasting good quality slidey upfaders.. thats pretty much it. i do like the look of th Z2 with built in dvs control functions but ive gone years happily cutting with me ecler and its pretty no thrills in that department.

master headphone is the one thing thats missing on the DJ tech...

also the one thing that bothers me about my 56 and i dont know if its the same on 57 and 62s... but i wish the curve on the upfaders could have a range where it doesn't really come on till about 60-70% so that it'd be better for doin stab/chirps and old school cuts...

You either have on straight away or the gradual increase...

know what i mean??

Guest rasteri

Eh depends on what it's being used for, if I'm taking it with me to gigs I like XLR outs (makes the sound guy happy), IEC power (no frantic searching for the adapter before a gig), nice loud headphone amp and master cue.

When I'm playing in a club/bar I normally just ask for a DJM800, every venue has one and they honestly do everything I need. Fader's pretty shite, but it does the job for light scratching.

Guest rasteri

that's true actually, XLR and IEC is a must. the ONE let down of the Rane 56.

TBH the 56 has balanced TRS outs, it still saves the sound guy from digging out a couple of DIs so it's not that bad. Fuck that power socket though, I'm glad they put an IEC on the 56S.

that's true actually, XLR and IEC is a must. the ONE let down of the Rane 56.

TBH the 56 has balanced TRS outs, it still saves the sound guy from digging out a couple of DIs so it's not that bad. Fuck that power socket though, I'm glad they put an IEC on the 56S.

yeah but you get to tell people there's a dial up modem in it.

seriously though, yes its a pain in the arse.

There are a lot of things I prefer but must haves: master headphone reference, efx send/rec, good fader, good EQ.

Prefer: gain lights for each channel, XLR, session in, hamster switch.

That Thud Rumble mixer doesn't meet my must haves and I'm probably gonna sell it.