1200 VS aby table with more torque

Guest Mike Reezy

Guest Mike Reezy

What is it that makes the platter on my tt500 less slick than my 1200 (that im shipping goodbye today :( ) ?

Well since that table is gone tyler has to kutt on my tt500, and he made a good point.

Even with the motor off the technics feels way slicker

Is it just the platter coating or what? I always assumed it was just more torque = more friction, but not if the motor isnt on.....

LIke Cy said the Melodic table has even higher torque, shit must be insane.

This is the same reason why pete perefers his 1200 because he can do tears better on it.

If technics made a table that had +-50 pitch it would be over with.

Guest Mike Reezy
butter ruggs, or sewer slimes or magic carpets should settle that problem, if you used wax paper under yur slipmats that would also cause MORE friction...

nah I use butterugs, is it just that the coating on technics platter is superior?

I find it much easier to cut on Technics compared to my TTX1s.

I don't know man you have a point I just dont feel as comfortable on them as a pair of Technics.

Not a lot of difference. I wouldn't want them slicker than butter rugs though. My mate cut out the inner of a record sleeve and put that under his regular mats to create the slickest shit I've ever used. Too slick for me.

Guest Mike Reezy
If they're a bit bowl shaped they can get like that. I just flex them back the other way.

I don't like asap because I try and do pats and shit and the record stops dead, even with the lightest touch.

true dat

I think the problem is that the platter on the numark has grooves whereas the technics or vestax platters are plain. I got butter rugs on my ttx and it's dope. i tried the sewer slimes on my ttx and the platter felt heavy. butter rugs are just right for me on the ttx as far as slickness goes wheres on a technics I think it's a little too much. that's where the sewer slimes come into play.

Edited by stalk

butter ruggs, or sewer slimes or magic carpets should settle that problem, if you used wax paper under yur slipmats that would also cause MORE friction...

werd... that's why I used wax paper and plastic on top and then a slipmat back in the day. shit was slick but it made awful noises,