My new mix to feature on XL-FM on May 16th

Steve

I'm posting this more to promote the guy's radio show than anything. XL-FM is based in Stafford, my home town. It's an online-only station for now - they're getting an FM license soon though. The show my mix is going to be on is called The Bobby Tempo Show. It's on every Thursday from 10PM to midnight UK time and he plays hip-hop along with bits and pieces from various other genres, as well as featuring 30 minute guest mixes. It's a really good show, and I ain't just saying that cos I'm gonna be on it. :p It averages 700-800 listeners, so it's got a decent listener base for Internet radio.

Even though the mix is pretty short at 30 minutes, I put a lot of effort into it and I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out. Hopefully some of you will tune in and check it out. I'll post up a download link for it after the show has aired.

http://i.imgur.com/47rplOZ.jpg

Cheers mate. I've asked about the possibility of other DVers doing guest mixes, so I'll let you know what he says. I think he'd rather focus on local DJs and events, but there ain't that many DJs in Stafford, haha, so maybe he'll be cool with the idea.

• Like 1

Here's the deal if anyone wants to do a guest mix for the show: -

1. The music has to be "urban" (for want of a better term), so hip-hop, breaks, beats, funk, ragga etc. - you know the deal. Listen to one of his shows and you'll get the vibe of what he plays. Past shows are up HERE with track listings.

2. New music is preferred, but it doesn't all have to be new.

3. It's a commercial station so swearing is not allowed. You can use clean versions or reverse edit the swearing out, but it's best if you avoid tracks that are filled with swearing.

4. The mix has to be as close to 30 minutes as you can make it and in 320 Kbps MP3 format.

If anyone wants in on this, I cannot 100% guarantee that your mix will get played because I don't have the final say, but hopefully one or two of you give it a go!

Haha, the tracks were released from 1968 to 1986. I think he was expecting a mix of new hip-hop, but the mix is old music, none of which is hip-hop. He did say I could do what I like though. :d

• 2 weeks later...

Here's his show from last Thursday if you want to check it out, or at least, have a look at the track listing to see if the show is something you might listen to: -

https://soundcloud.com/the-bobby-tempo/5-1

TL: -

Like you never - TY

Now That I Found You (final) - Panama Cardoon

The Man - Omar

Suffdigi - Suff Daddy

LFS_ ft. Roots Manuva - Jamie Cullum

All Inside - Bondax

Love hz - Potatohead people

Cold - Ta-ku

collection - YoggyOne

The PL - Typesun

Fragile things - Dandy Teru Sarah Gessler TY

For A While - Alice Russell

The Throwaway - J Dilla (Yancey Boys feat. Frank Nitt)

They Told Me (Neko Neko Remix) - Frameworks & Blurum 13

Monkey Funk - Mr Bird

Why Worry - Black Milk

Umi says - BJ SMITH

Same Old Clown ft. Kendra Morris (KON Remix) - Chico Mann

Blizzard - Hot Coins

Moving (Breaking Part 2) - Kyodai

Make It Good - The White Lamp

Angels (Shadow Child Unofficial VIP) - The xx

The Click - Dark Sky & Breach

Know You - Bonobo

Mirror To The Sky - Natural Self

Phanta - Padwriterz

Banana Skank (WAFA Remix) - Roots Manuva

On dope - daniel drumz

Draw - Cid Rim

On the way - short stories

Your Love (You Give Me Fever) - Romare

No worries mate, although just to be clear - that's not my mix, nor was it featured on that show. I posted that up cos Matt asked if there was a way to listen again to last week's show after it had aired live. My mix is on this coming week's show.

No worries mate, although just to be clear - that's not my mix, nor was it featured on that show. I posted that up cos Matt asked if there was a way to listen again to last week's show after it had aired live. My mix is on this coming week's show.

Yep! :)

Tonight's the night. Hopefully a few of you guys will be able to tune in and listen live. I sent out some invites to the Facebook event, so I hope you don't mind: -

https://www.facebook.com/events/148593778660984/

I'll post the entire show up once he's added it to SoundCloud/Mixcloud and I'll post my mix up tonight around midnight too. Cheers doods!

Yeah man, he plays stuff that quite a few DV heads would be into I reckon - largely new stuff that isn't the commercial shite you hear on regular radio all day. Plus my mix of old ass songs from the 1920s, haha.