NTL users upgrade now!

Steve

http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editori.../cablemodem.php

I've just gone from 750K to 2MB for the same price. There is no admin charge for switching if you're an existing customer so you have nothing to lose. Bear in mind that if you upgrade from 300K to 1MB, you have a paltry 3GB per month download limit. All other accounts have a 1GB per day limit, which is the same as they always were. :d

im on 300k and it only gives me the option of 2gb or 3gb

3gb/mnth aint too good though although im not sure howmuch i use anyway

Weird. I have no idea why it does that. Personally I'd stay on 300K and have 30GB per month. Mind you, for £2 a week more you could go from 300K to 2MB and still have 30GB per month. Worth thinking about mate!

yeh ive just clicked the 2mb and after validating it gave me the 1mb choice

how would i know how much i use per mnth is there anyway of finding out.

You need a program such as DU Meter which monitors your bandwidth. 3GB a month really isn't all that much. Bear in mind that you'll be more tempted to download large files too if you have a faster connection.

yeh that was what i was thinking. but as i work nights 7nights of a mnth and any free weekends i spend at my g/f i dont get that much time to go on the pc and i dont leave it on when im out or asleep. i'll try that meter and if its below 1.5gig a mnth i'll change if not i most prob stay the same

There is no catch mate. They're just doing it to compete with other ISPs. As the download limit is no different than it was before (except in the 1MB case where it's actually less than it was), they have got nothing to lose by giving people better speeds.

yeh ntl are being pretty tight..if it was 10gb mnthly that would be a lot better and they would still get 2/3 more space.