Man O' War scratch record

Guest Symatic

Got mine at the weekend, in glorious aqua, no less.

A great record all round - covers good standard sounds and some interesting film and TV samples, etc. Really well pressed, perfect weight and not a hint of warp in sight.

Mine's 219/250, so I suggest that anyone thinking about buying one of these gets on with it!

Guest Symatic

A great record all round - covers good standard sounds and some interesting film and TV samples, etc. Really well pressed, perfect weight and not a hint of warp in sight.

yeah it's a reallly nice product, well made, cover's really nicely printed.

good job all round.

my only criticisms would be that when i use it on -50%, you can hear a bit of digital fuzziness on some samples, maybe artefacts from the sampler? or theyre off vhs or something? either way, not a big deal at all and i normally use it on 0% anyway.

the only other thing i would have done is to set the sounds on the skip proof side to all line up with a single start point, but to be honest it doesnt really matter cos once youve found the start point its gonna stay put till you move on.

don't mean to moan, just offering feedback for your next one.... there's a next one right?

ultimately its a sick battle tool, and the fact you did it yourself makes you a badass, goldie!

Got mine at the weekend, in glorious aqua, no less.

Mine's 219/250, so I suggest that anyone thinking about buying one of these gets on with it!

Could you post a pic of the record?

i gotta say this is a quality product all the way through , the cover and record are all quality. The samples are pretty dope too and i really like the diss Q/A idea

Co-sign all of that. I know Eric had some feedback about sample levels as well.

Mad props for doing it. Im loving it!

not wanting to be an arse but it does seem that ahh and fresh are just a bit louder than everything else on the skipless side.

Glad your all enjoying it peopes.

Thanks for the constructive critisism, it almost certainly will help make the next edition better.

When I made this record I made it kind of blind. I wasn't sure what to expect, how the sound would cut to vinyl, the mixdown levels etc, it was sort of a personal goal. Even the etch was my first attempt like that, in the runout. I don't have any form of DVS to try it out prior to cutting either. I had to make some decisions and live with them.

Overall, I'm happy with it.

Watch out for the next Edition !

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Definately man, fair enough

Dont mean to shoot down your hard work or anything! Besides as someone already said, its better than most dirtstyle pressings anyway!

Looking forward to the next

• Like 1

I found the samples to be clean and bright so no issues there, although I do find myself adjusting the gain between samples.

Props on the project though and its a nice little package with the artwork and name stamp :-).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Breaking news :
The last of these have now been pressed up ! To commemorate getting this far I have made some special ones - KRYPTONITE, WITH SILVER AND BLUE GLITTER actually in the pvc, it looks fucking mental!!! I have been staring at one for like 15 mins hahaha.

Anyways if anyone hasn't bagged a copy and still wants some of the action, holla.
If anyone has worn theirs out and wants another one I can issue direct replacements, numberd & stamped the same as before etc. Think of it as a car tune up... Hit me up.

I have pics but they are too big to post, I cant remember how I made them smaller last time, when I figure it out I will post them.

• 3 months later...
Guest petesasqwax

I ordered mine the other day and I believe there are some still left. Naturally I'll be posting up photos of my str7 ballin' name stamp as soon as it arrives!