Fringer Tip Grip

Darcyd

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Don't wash your hands before having a cut. I mean, wash them if they're covering filth, but don't if they aren't cos it washes the lovely gripping grease off.

That's about it. I don't really have that much of a problem with that though unless i wash the stick off.

Nought wrong with being finger licking though, it's didn't seem to bother Dexter and his relentless digit lapping.

I'm sorry to all the lickers out there but I'm not a fan of lickers. I have dry hands but rarely find it an issue. That said, my skin does ruin the grooves and fills them up with gunk. Bit of hand creme every now and then should do the job surely?

Ps don't shake phils hand after he's been to the loo! :-)

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Ps don't shake phils hand after he's been to the loo! :-)

HOW DARE YOU! I LICK MY HANDS CLEAN AFTER USING THE TOILET LIKE ANY SELF RESPECTING, HYGENIC PERSON!

n.b. i was raised by cats.

Anyway, that counts as filth Eric. I should have been more clear.

Edited by It'sPhilFromThursdays

Guest broke

Maybe it's not your fingers that are the problem. Try putting a sheet of plastic between the platter and the slipmat. Q-Bert sells them for about $20 or you can cut an old plastic record sleeve in half and trim the corners.

If you're already using them and still have a problem I feel bad for you (son).

• 4 weeks later...

I suffer from dry hands but always forget to pack moistener in my DJ bag, but my tip is: keep your hands warm! It's worse when it's dry. Once you've blown into your loosened fist and rubbed your mitts together (like you're a cold tramp trying to keep warm 'round a burning bin), you'll be fine.

If you're playing out, once the concentration and house lights take effect, you'll warm up enough to get sticky hands!