x fader

Word all, jus wondering how u lot hav ur fader. Mines exremely light and smooth ( well on my sk-6f) u can blow the fader from one side to the other. Ne ways jus wondering which is the best way to have it . I was cuttin at this guys house on saturday and his fader was sooo stiff compared to mine. I jus bought a hak 310 and i dnt kno whether i shud make it as smooth as my sk-6f ??

rasko

i've just been using my sk2-f. i hate it, too light. i was knocking the fader too far in cos it was so slick. i much prefer a smooth but weighty fader like a png. in fact, i'm gonna ditch the focus fader and drop a png into my 2f, so i can use it still

my advice is leave your 310 fader as it is, it'll help in the long run

thats whats nice abouth the DJM707 is that you can adjest the fader on the fly with a allen wrench. No permanant mod or extra lube, or even taken it apart. I like a heavey fader that real loose and smooth.

It made a difference to me. When Grae bought his 310, I tried to cut on the unluned faders and I wasn't as good. It's all down to personal preference though. Your last mixer had one of the lightest crossfaders ever.

Guest Mike Reezy

See, this is why I cant kutt on th 56, the fader is too light, not as bad as a focus fader, but right up there (this is 56 fader with torsion spring removed, keep in mind)

But I love the feel of my pimped out pcv fader

W/ Credit Card Mod+Scrape mod

The shit is super slik and smoothe, but nice and heavy, its not gonna bounce like a focus fader or 56 fader will.

I fukking hate the feel of tha 56 faders, I hate the plasticky feeling knobs and the shape of them, I also hate the surface coating on the faceplate.

anyways, I think im gonna sell it or trade it for an Pro series mixer

I want an 07ISP or 05prolmtd

i can see why u dont like it so slick but why dont u put the tension spring on, because i hate it with the tension spring off but other than that its great. And i think the coating is great because its there to keep you faceplate clean and not end up looking like dub-se7en's face plate. But if i were in possesion of as many mixers u got and had an extra 56 to sell and didnt want it id sell it and get the ISP model, that thing is pretty ;) but only for looks i would just keep the 56 and put the tension spring back on

Guest Mike Reezy

even with the torsion spring on I dont really like it

I dont like how the knobs are way tapered like a damn triangle, also it just feels cheap to bcuz of the plastic.

Either way, I think a well maintained and cared for 07/05 could last just as long.

Never tried the Xone, dont have a place to try shit like that out, definitely not buying without trying either.

Dub - post a pic of that 07 ISP with your special credit card mod. ;)

please do

Guest Mike Reezy

completely scrap off all the black poly carbon shit on the 2nd and 4th tracks (from the top)

essentially the scrape mod disconnects your fader every time you kutt in (its the same effect as unplugging it)

your mixer then bypass the cfader (everytime you kutt in)

hence no fade in at all - you still have to mod the kut in tho with washers or credit card

Guest Mike Reezy

you could at least kutt of all the excess credit card.

You dont serioussly leave it like that do you>?

You need to rub down the chrome plate homie.

You know when youre tripping and you kutting on the 07isp it makes rainbows all over everything

Guest Mike Reezy

couldnt you just mark the card, pull it out kutt it down, and put it back in with the same exact results but less ghetoness

if youre going for the ghetto feel I understand

you could at least kutt of all the excess credit card.

You dont serioussly leave it like that do you>?

You need to rub down the chrome plate homie.

You know when youre tripping and you kutting on the 07isp it makes rainbows all over everything

heeellllllllllll no.

i wouldn't get my burtons discount then ;)

Rub the chrome down? don't think my mate'd be too pleased if i did that....

how do u protect that faceplate withought royaly fucking it up after cutting?

vestax faceplates are a lot harder wearing than stantons. although the markings are worn off.