How the fuck do you fit an Innofader Pro?

Steve

great for home use, be wary if you play out a lot... I've mentioned it before but yea it feels great and has a lot of settings but I've had 3 instances of using it out where the cut-in shifted and caused bleeding. Non-issue if you're just jamming at home or someone's place and can just fix it, HUGE issue if you get somewhere and start playing/performing and realize it's bleeding. For some reason it never seems to happen at home, the cut-in shift has been when I'm out somewhere each time.

great for home use, be wary if you play out a lot... I've mentioned it before but yea it feels great and has a lot of settings but I've had 3 instances of using it out where the cut-in shifted and caused bleeding. Non-issue if you're just jamming at home or someone's place and can just fix it, HUGE issue if you get somewhere and start playing/performing and realize it's bleeding. For some reason it never seems to happen at home, the cut-in shift has been when I'm out somewhere each time.

I've had similar issues and it comes down to capacitance. Basically your power outlet in the wall will dictate how well the fader will cut sometimes.

I've had similar issues and it comes down to capacitance. Basically your power outlet in the wall will dictate how well the fader will cut sometimes.

damn... yea that sucks, I love innofaders but I can't really risk that anymore with showcases and stuff

It's serious depending on what you do. I used innofaders for like 3-4 years at home and never had an issue. Once I started playing at more places I had it happen 3 times in maybe 15 times taking my mixer places... one happened to be the Canadian DMC finals and I had to use another mixer, and that was basically when I decided I can't risk it anymore.

It's entirely possible that it only happens with certain mixers, I know I put them in a Rane and it's completely different setup from a Vestax or something, and you can't control cut/curve externally anymore once you do that. Any mixer that still lets you use the external cut/curve controls wouldn't be an issue because you can just tweak it without opening up the mixer. I've had one in my Vestax and I don't recall having any issues other than 1 time a lightning ball plugged into the same power bar fucked with my fader hard.

Guest petesasqwax

OK - that's reassuring somewhat. I'd be putting mine in an 05-pro III and would be unlikely to take it out a great deal. it still gives me a little cause for concern but nothing too major. to be honest, if I was doing a lot of live work I'd be tempted to get an old turntable and build an integrated single channel mixer into a flight case (which is something I've been threatening to do for years without ever actually getting around to it). essentially, it'd be a low budget, far heavier QFO I guess

FWIW i've always had mine in Vestax mixers (firstly an 05 pro III and then an 06) i've never had a problem with function.

my main problem is that i never calibrated it properly (out of laziness) and so my cut ins are different on each side.

this is the first time im hearing about these bleeding/power issues tho. very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

If you set the Innofader so that it barely cuts out and has like 0.1mm of dead space you are going to run into problems when you move the Innofader around. It's possible to set the Innofader cut-in so that it bleeds all of the time. Even the rubber stoppers on the Innofader have 0.5mm compression so things like temperature change might harden or soften these parts and affect the way the Innofader works.

The solution is simple: if the bleeding is an issue, add some dead space to prevent this from happening. You can still set the cut-in for about 1 to 1.5mm and have plenty of margin so the Innofader never bleeds.

Fortunately I did a google search to find this topic. If you guys have issues like this in the future, please ask me directly.

Elliot

• 2 weeks later...