One off vinyl presses....

assemblyworker

are you in the uk??

the carvery. i got some done there before...

good service...i got one double sided 12 and i got one of the one sided transparent lighter scratch ones, which was much nicer and easier to cut with...

http://carverycuts.com/home/

i dont see the transparent one i got on the site anymore, best emailing them to see if they still do em...

• 3 months later...

Most good mastering houses will recut if your not happy. But it'll have to be their fault, if the bass is too low for the overall sound or comes in too late etc then I'd assume thats your fault. If its distorted etc they should fix it.

These are one off 'cuts', not 'presses'. The clue is in the name, records are pressed in a press, dubplates or lacquers are cut on a lathe.

A dubplate is an im-perfect lacquer & fragile as fuck!
I believe those scratchable dubplates are cut onto polycarbonate laxen. A dubplate wouldn't really work as good as its an aluminium disc coated with a thin lacquer layer - very soft, scratches very easily & quite heavy. I give a lacquer about two weeks use use scratching!

Depends on who cuts it and what they cut it on etc (how well it'll sound)... Lacquers, which are not supposed to be played, sound fucking amazeballs though, but once you played it its fucked, cant do anything with it (pressing wise).