TTM notation for Digital Vertigo Tutorial 1 - Baby forward and Chirp combos

chile

Chile, you are an amazing scratcher and a great guy too, but man, you are a fucking lunatic. Haha. If a normal human being walked in on you while you were making one of these videos I thing they try to have you sectioned. Baby, chirp, chirp, baby. My girlfriend heard that and was like "What in the fucking world are you watching???".

• Like 2

Hey chile posted this in your DJF thread but can you explain the fake forward chirp a bit more for me.

I can reproduce the number of sounds you have by going forward > reverse flare > chirp > forward >...

The third sound is a different pitch from yours when I do that combo, however.

From the best that I can tell in your video, and because I need to freshen up my TTM skills, you are going:

forward > reverse chirp (which to me seems the same as a reverse flare?) > faderless chirp > chirp > forward >...

Even looking at it that way I can see I am missing something somewhere.

Could you explain in more detail what you are doing with your record and fader hard immediately after the first forward?

Thanks

start fader open

let record sample play forward, close fader at the end of sample

open fader and pull record back to beginning of sample.

push record forward and close fader at the end of sample.

open fader and pull back fader to beginning of sample.

end fader open

hope that helps

http://www.ttmethod.com check download section for TTM methodology

Nice vid. This is the one uv had up for a while ? Like the way your slowly building a resource on the fine details and methods of approach. Much more useful for non beginners. U should link up to jonny one moves scratch wiki - lots off good ttm plus a tool to draw n publish ur own straight to the wiki.