Worst celebrity DJ set yet - Erykah Badu

Steve

i still dont kno why people think djing is just something to 'have a go at' like it requires no practice or has no particular skill set. (ie beat matching, syncing, order and of course track listing. and thats not even taking into account the tablism aspect)

EDIT: after watching this a little longer, at around 7mins she fucks up on the dicers and silence ensues. Then appears to have tech problems. something else that is over looked! at least work out how serato or whatever you're 'djing' with works!

I like the bit where her baggy jumper stops the record. There's an irony to using DVS purely to pose and then getting cropped up by it.

In her Serato interview she says she does zero prep and just feels the crowd, but I watched a bunch of videos (to see whether this was a one off... it's not, unfortunately) and not once does she look remotely like she's doing anything other than playing the next thing in her playlist.

At least she makes excellent records!

Guest Symatic

she seems to struggle doing anything live - ive seen and heard loads of live erykah stuff and she misses cues or sings out of key. her albums are great, but i wouldnt pay to see her play.