sigma this one is for you

Guest Mike Reezy
....creating music and songwriting isnt always something that can be taught. Its a gift......

could thing you thre 'always' in there, I was gonna have an argument on my hands. damn... now what should I do?

Jack osbourne does suck, I do give him props for leting Jason Dill take advantage of him tho

Edited by Mike Reezy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift
Sorry Dee! I am hating this track! I like the way the accents and time signature follows the guitar at parts. But i cant enjoy the "song" over all that damn squeeling. The bass guitar was funky. Its just sounds like random notes. Have you ever listen to the guitarist from tool. I dont even know if he really knows what he's doing, but he can play a one note solo that blows my mind. To me, very often,less is more.

Less is more is a load of bullshit, what a cliche. That's an excuse for people who either can't understand what's going on, or are technically lacking. To express emotion properly, with full control, you need good technique.

As for the bass being "funky", man are you even listening to the same track? The bass ain't funk. And "squealing"? You are talking about a man who's flow and tone is compared to the likes of John Coltrane. I think this music went somewhat over your head.

No thats what I am sayin...I dont listen to that. Its just not my style. I been playin guitar for about 13 years and I can understand and respect and even mimick some of these patterns, but it just doesnt hit home with me. Someone playing a 2 chord song with conviction is better to me than a 20 min lifeless testostorone driven solo. If your gonna play a guitar solo, make your guitar weep, or scream, or laugh, but dont make it arrogant. Just my opinion.

i hate guitar solos...

haha drama loves me for some reason!

DOPE FILE KIWI WAY TO TAKE OVER MY FAME HAHAHA JK........

did you slow it down coz it sounds way slower? SPEED THAT SHIT UP and send me a file!!!!!! yeah i know what you mean gabriel, i actually dont try to throw everything on the plate when im just cutting without the record button lit up red, im alot more relaxed and i breathe a whole lot more but for some damn reason i just get super tense and try to do everything it comes out whack and very shittily phrased when i record, i should just be like q and do tons of drugs so it wont affect my performance and thank you for all the good advice, i actually agreed with you there deeswift everything you said was right.....

Tyra

haha drama loves me for some reason!

DOPE FILE KIWI WAY TO TAKE OVER MY FAME HAHAHA JK........

did you slow it down coz it sounds way slower? SPEED THAT SHIT UP and send me a file!!!!!! yeah i know what you mean gabriel, i actually dont try to throw everything on the plate when im just cutting without the record button lit up red, im alot more relaxed and i breathe a whole lot more but for some damn reason i just get super tense and try to do everything it comes out whack and very shittily phrased when i record, i should just be like q and do tons of drugs so it wont affect my performance and thank you for all the good advice, i actually agreed with you there deeswift  everything you said was right.....

Tyra

Yeah, I slowed it down to start off while I was practicing but my fader hand sucks at high tempos if I'm trying to do transforms and shit like that....its like -4 slower....I think.

I could cut to that on reg speed but I'm trying to clean my phrasing up at higher bpm's rather than just go for sheer speed without sounding clean right now. I'll post more as I work on it. :8

Guest Deeswift
shit, that allan holdsworth goes off the scale in the second half of that track

Yep. Imagine the guitar is a violin or saxophone. Holdsworth started out wanting to be a sax player, but his dad couldn't afford to buy him one, so he emulated sax lines on guitar and that's how he got his style, flow, and choice of notes / scales. He is also an incredible violinist. A musical genius, basically.